This topic provides information related to Beekeeping Checklist
Selection of Apiary Site
- Apiary site should be non-humid.
- Apiary site should not be exposed to cold wind.
- Apiary site should be assessable for transportation.
- There should be ample floral (nectar and pollen).
- Clean water source should be available at apiary site.
- Natural shade should be available at the apiary site.
- Apiary site should be away from pollution source (open sewer dumping ground, industry area).
Bee hive Identification & Documentation
- Mark all been hive with unique code for the purpose of identification and subsequent documentation.
- Periodic verification of health status of colony throughout the year.
- Record of checks and finding (disease, brood, comb, queen, swarm, honey).
Selection of Queen
- High resistance to disease.
- Shows hygienic behavior.
- Shows docile behavior.
- Having lower tendency to swam.
- Having high Productivity.
- Renewal of brood comb (every two years).
- Replacement of Queen (every one or two year).
- Disinfect beehive and empty combs once in a year.
- Disinfect tools used in beekeeping every time after use.
Source : Honey Mission