Market information related websites
This topic provides link to websites that provide market information of various commodities.
National Agriculture Market (NAM)
National Agriculture Market (NAM) is a pan-India electronic trading portal which networks the existing Agricultural Produce Marketing Committee (APMC) mandis to create a unified national market for agricultural commodities. The NAM Portal provides a single window service for all APMC related information and services. This includes commodity arrivals & prices, buy & sell trade offers, provision to respond to trade offers, among other services. While material flow (agriculture produce) continue to happen through mandis, an online market reduces transaction costs and information asymmetry.
Components of NAM
- A national e-market platform for transparent sale transactions and price discovery initially in regulated markets. Willing States to accordingly enact suitable provisions in their APMC Act for promotion of e-trading by their State Agricultural Marketing Board/APMC.
- Liberal licensing of traders / buyers and commission agents by State authorities without any pre-condition of physical presence or possession of shop /premises in the market yard.
- One license for a trader valid across all markets in the State.
- Harmonisation of quality standards of agricultural produce and provision for assaying (quality testing) infrastructure in every market to enable informed bidding by buyers. Common tradable parameters have so far been developed for 90 commodities.
- Single point levy of market fees, i.e on the first wholesale purchase from the farmer.
- Provision of Soil Testing Laboratories in/ or near the selected mandi to facilitate visiting farmers to access this facility in the mandi itself. M/s. Nagarjuna Fertilizers and Chemicals Ltd. is the Strategic Partner (SP) who is responsible for development, operation and maintenance of the platform. The broad role of the Strategic Partner is comprehensive and includes writing of the software, customizing it to meet the specific requirements of the mandis in the States willing to integrate with NAM and running the platform.
Benefits of NAM
NAM provides a number of benefits to various stakeholders of the system.
- For farmers, NAM promises more options for selling their produce and competitive returns.
- For local traders, NAM will provide access to larger national market for secondary trading.
- For bulk buyers, processers, exporters, NAM will enable direct participation in the local mandi trade, reducing intermediation cost. Stable prices and availability to consumer.
- For mandis, NAM benefits in terms of reduction in book keeping and reporting system, which are generated automatically; better monitoring and regulation of traders and commission agents; completely transparent system which eliminates any scope of intentional/un-intentional manipulation of tendering / auctioning process; improvement in the market fee collection by means of accounting all the transactions that are taking place in the market; reduction in manpower requirements as tendering / auctioning process takes place through the system; (this system helps to declare the winner for the lots within few seconds even for thousands of lots in the market); analysis and forecasting of the arrivals and prices; availability of the activities of each APMC on the website directly.
NAM is being deployed in selected 585 regulated wholesale markets in States/UTs desirous of joining the e-platform. Small Farmers’ Agribusiness Consortium (SFAC) is operating the NAM as the implementing agency with technical support from the Strategic Partner (SP). 479 mandis across 14 states and 1 Union Territory has been integrated with NAM. Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers’ Welfare (DAC&FW) is meeting expenses on software and its customisation for the States and is providing it free of cost. DAC&FW is also giving a grant as one time fixed cost subject to the ceiling of Rs.30.00 lakhs per Mandi (other than to the private mandis) for related equipment / infrastructure in 585 regulated mandis, for installation of the e-market platform. State Governments will suggest names of APMCs where this project would be initiated.
Visit NAM portal for details. e-NAM website is available in eight different languages (Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Bengali and Odia) while the live trading facility is available in six different language (Hindi, English, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi & Telugu).
To make farming communities benefit from the new global market access opportunities, the internal agricultural marketing system of the country is being integrated and strengthened. Various studies reveal that farmers, on an average, get a reasonably higher price by selling their produce in the regulated markets (Agricultural Produce Market Committees - APMCs) compared to rural, village and unregulated wholesale markets.
The Directorate of Marketing and Inspection (DMI) is successfully running an ICT project: NICNET based Agricultural Marketing Information System Network (AGMARKNET) in the country, for linking all important APMCs (Agricultural Produce Market Committees), State Agricultural Marketing Boards/ Directorates and DMI regional offices located throughout the country, for effective information exchange on market prices. National Informatics Centre (NIC) is the ICT agency behind the implementation of the Project.
Visit AGMARKNET portal for details
Other useful Agricultural Marketing related sites
- NHB- Daily price & Arrival of Horticultural Crops
- APEDA- Agri Exchange
- Vegetable & Fruit Promotion Council, Keralam
- Commodity India
- National Multi-Commodity Exchange Ltd (NMCE)
- National Commodities & Derivatives Exchange Ltd (NCDEX)
- CMFRI- Daily Fish Landings at Major Harbours
- NHRDF- Daily market Arrivals & Prices
- Daily/ monthly/ Periodical price update for silk commodities
- Coffee market price from Coffee Board
- Tea - Monthly Average Auction Prices - Tea Board
- Market price from Spices Board
- Minor Forest Produce - Market price
- Assam Small Farmers Agri-Business Consortium
- eVyapar (Buyer-Seller Platform)