Soil Health Card, Soil Conservation and Micronutrients
This topic covers the information related to Soil Health, Soil Conservation and Fertilizers Schemes and Assistance
What to Do?
- Always use appropriate fertilizer in right quantity based on soil test.
- Must use organic manures to maintain the fertility of soil.
- In order to get maximum benefit of the fertilizers, always apply in root zone instead of broadcasting.
- Resort to judicious and efficient use of Phosphatic Fertilizers for proper development of roots/shoots and timely maturity of crops, particularly the legumes which fix atmospheric Nitrogen for enrichment of soil.
- Farmers desirous of adopting Participatory Organic Guarantee System (PGS – India) Certification system may form a group of at least 5 farmers and get it registered with the nearest Regional Council or Regional Centre of Organic Farming.
- Soil Health Card - Under the scheme, Soil Health card will be provided to all farm holdings in the country at an interval of 2 years so as to enable the farmers to apply appropriate recommended dosages of nutrients for crop production and improving soil health and its fertility.
What Can You Get?
Assistance for Soil Improvement
|S.No.||Type of Assistance||Criteria for Assistance / Maximum Limit||Scheme / Component|
|1||Distribution of micronutrients and soil ameliorants||Rs.2500/- per hectare.||Soil Health card scheme|
|1a||Supply of gypsum phosphogypsum / bentonite sulphur. Wheat& Pulses||50% cost of the material + transportation limited to Rs.750/- per hectare.||
National Food Security Mission (NFSM), BGRE
|2||Plant protection chemicals||Insecticides, fungicides, bio-pesticides, bio-agents, micronutrients, bio-fertilisers etc., @ 50% of the cost limited to Rs. 500/- per hectare.||
National Food Security
Mission (Oil Seed & Oil Palm)/
NFSM & BGREI)
|3||Adoption of organic farming||
Rs. 10,000 per hectare for maximum area of 4 ha per beneficiary spread over a period of 3 years involving assistance of Rs. 4000 in first year and Rs. 3000 each in second and third year.
|National Horticulture Mission (NHM)/ Horticulture Mission for North-East and Himalayan States (HMNEH) Sub schemes under Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture (MIDH)|
(dimension of permanent
structure to be
|Rs. 50,000 /- per unit (having dimension of 30 ft x 8 ft x 2.5 ft or 600 cft, on prorata basis)||NHM/HMNEH Sub schemes
|5||High Density Poly Ethylene (HDPE) Vermi Bed||
Rs. 8,000 /- per unit (having dimension
of 12 ft x 4 ft x 2 ft or 96 cu ft, on
prorata basis and is 15907:2010 to be
|NHM/HMNEH Sub schemes under MIDH|
|6||Promotion of Integrated Nutrient
|Rs.1200 /- per hectare (upto an area of 4 hectares)||NHM/HMNEH Sub schemes under MIDH|
|7||Supply of gypsum phosphogypsum / bentonite sulphur. Wheat& Pulses||50% of the cost limited to Rs. 750/ - per hectare||National Food Security Mission (NFSM), BGREI|
Wheat, Pulses & Nutri-
|50% of the cost limited to Rs. 500/- per hectare||NFSM, BGREI
Lime/liming materials (Rice
|50% of the cost of the material limited to
|10||Bio-fertilizers (Pulses Nurti-
|50% of the cost limited to Rs.300/- per ha.||BGREI /NFSM|
|11||Setting up of new Mobile/Static
Soil Testing Laboratories (MSTL/
|33% of total project cost limited to Rs 25 lakhs /lab for individuals, private agencies through NABARD as capital investment for 10,000 samples/annum analysing capacity.
||National Mission for Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA)|
|12||Setting up of state-of-the-art
liquid/carrier based Biofertilizer /
|25% of cost limited to Rs. 40 lakhs per unit for individuals/private agencies through NABARD as capital investment of 200 TPA production capacity||NMSA|
||Reclamation of Problem Soil||
Alkaline / Saline Soil - Rs. 60,000 per ha.
Acidic Soil - Rs.15,000/- per ha
RKVY sub-scheme on
Reclamation of Problem Soil
|14||Setting up micro soil testing lab developed by ICAR||
44 % of the cost, limited to Rs 44,000 /lab or individuals/private agencies through NABARD as capital investment for 3000 TPA production capacity
|Soil Health Card|
|15||Setting up soil testing project at village level||
75 % of the cost or Rs 3,75,000 /lab whichever is lower
|Soil Health Card
Whom to Contact ?
District Agriculture Officer / District Horticulture Officer / Project Director, ATMA