Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana
This topic provides information about Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana.
The Central Sector Scheme - SAMPADA (Scheme for Agro-Marine Processing and Development of Agro-Processing Clusters) was approved by the cabinet in May 2017 for the period of 2016-20 coterminous with the 14th Finance Commission cycle. The scheme has now been renamed as the "Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY)".
It is an umbrella scheme incorporating ongoing schemes of the Ministry like Mega Food Parks, Integrated Cold Chain and Value Addition Infrastructure, Food Safety and Quality Assurance Infrastructure, etc. and also new schemes like Infrastructure for Agro-processing Clusters, Creation of Backward and Forward Linkages, Creation / Expansion of Food Processing & Preservation Capacities.
The objective of PMKSY is to supplement agriculture, modernize processing and decrease Agri-Waste.
Schemes to be implemented
Under PMKSY the following schemes are to be implemented.
- Mega Food Parks
- Integrated Cold Chain, Value Addition and Preservation Infrastructure
- Creation/Expansion of Food Processing/Preservation Capacities
- Infrastructure for Agro Processing Clusters
- Scheme for Creation of Backward and Forward Linkages
- Food Safety & Quality Assurance Infrastructure
- Human Resources and Institutions
PMKSY with an allocation of Rs. 6,000 crore is expected to leverage investment of Rs. 31,400 crore, handling of 334 lakh MT agro-produce valuing Rs. 1,04,125 crore, benefit 20 lakh farmers and generate 5,30,500 direct/ indirect employment in the country by the year 2019-20.
- The implementation of PMKSY will result in creation of modern infrastructure with efficient supply chain management from farm gate to retail outlet.
- It will provide a big boost to the growth of food processing sector in the country.
- It will help in providing better prices to farmers and is a big step towards doubling of farmers’ income.
- It will create huge employment opportunities especially in the rural areas.
- It will also help in reducing wastage of agricultural produce, increasing the processing level, availability of safe and convenient processed foods at affordable price to consumers and enhancing the export of the processed foods.
For detailed scheme guidelines, click here.
Source : Ministry of Food Processing Industries.