Bringing Green Revolution to Eastern India
BGREI a lateral scheme to RKVY is to address the constraints limiting the productivity of rice based cropping systems in eastern states of india
The programme of “Bringing Green Revolution to Eastern India (BGREI)” was launched in 2010-11 to address the constraints limiting the productivity of “rice based cropping systems” in eastern India comprising seven (7) States namely; Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Odisha, Eastern Uttar Pradesh (Purvanchal) and West Bengal.
The programme is now a sub-scheme of Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana.
- To increase production & productivity of rice and wheat by adopting latest crop production technologies;
- To promote cultivation in rice fallow area to increase cropping intensity and income of the farmers;
- To create water harvesting structures and efficient utilization of water potential; and
- To promote post harvest technology and marketing support.
The major interventions are as follows.
- Block / cluster demonstration of improved production technology
- Asset building activities for farm improvement
- Site specific activities for farm renovation
- Seed production & distribution
- Need based Inputs
- Marketing support & post-harvest management and
- Ecology specific rice based cropping
List of districts covered
For the complete list of the districts covered, click here
Pattern of assistance
For the summary of pattern of assistance, click here.
For the complete operational guidelines, click here