Support for Cold storage
Various schemes under which central government is providing support for establishing cold storage facilities are listed
Construction of cold storage facility- Assistance from Government
The following support is provided by the Government for construction of cold storages under the following schemes:-
- Under the scheme of National Horticulture Mission, assistance is provided for development of post harvest infrastructure including construction of cold storages.
- Under the Scheme of Technology Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture in North-Eastern States including Sikkim, Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand (TMNE) assistance is provided for post harvest management including for creation/ modernization/ expansion of cold storages.
- National Horticulture Board is implementing the scheme of Capital Investment Subsidy for construction/ Expansion /modernization of cold storage and storages for horticulture produce, under which assistance is provided for creation/ modernization/expansion of cold storages.
- Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) provides assistance under scheme of Infrastructure Development for setting up of integrated pack houses with cold store facilities.
- Ministry of Food Processing Industries provides assistance for cold chain infrastructure development including that of cold storages under the scheme for Cold Chain, Value Addition and Preservation Infrastructure.
Guidelines for availing the assistance
As these schemes are on going and demand driven, cold storage projects are approved based on need and as per the respective guidelines. Kindly visit the respectively websites for more details.