This section covers about Agricultural Credit scheme of Gujarat
What to Do?
- To save themselves from the clutches of money lenders, farmers can avail loan facility from banks.
- Loan facility is available through a large network of Commercial Banks, Regional Rural Banks and
- Cooperative Credit Institutions in the country to fulfill the crop loan and term loan needs of the farmers.
- Ensure timely repayment of bank loan.
- Proper record of loan should be maintained by farmer.
- Utilize the bank loan for actual purpose for which bank loan is taken.
What Can You Get?
A: Credit Facility to Farmers
|S.No||Credit Facility||Quantum of Assistance|
|1||Interest Assistance||Crop loan upto 3.00 lakhs at 7% rate of interest. This interest rate becomes 4% due to 3% interest subvention incentives provided to those farmers who repay crop loan on time|
|2||Collateral / security-free loan||No need of collateral security for farm loan up to 1.60 lakh|
|3||Kisan Credit Card||Farmers can avail crop loan through Kisan Credit Card. Loan /credit limit is fixed on the basis of crop sown and area under cultivation. Kisan Credit Cards are valid for 3-5 years.
Farmers are also provided risk coverage in the event of accidental death/ disability. Crop coverage loans are covered under the Crop Insurance Scheme.
|4||Investment Loan||Loan facility to the farmers is available for investment purposes in the areas viz.
Land Development, Plantation,
Whom to Contact ?
Nearest Commercial Banks, Regional Rural Banks and Cooperative Credit Societies