This section covers about Plant Protection scheme of Gujarat State
What to Do?
- Bio-pesticides should be given priority over chemical pesticides.
- Pest Defender ratio to be assessed by farmers before using any pesticide. Agro Eco System Analysis (AESA) based Integrated Pest Management should be adopted.
- Grow such crops surrounding/near the main crop (inter cropping/border cropping) which attract farmer friendly insects which can manage/kill harmful insects.
- Resort to deep ploughing during summer season.
- Use pest resistant varieties of crops such as BT Cotton and manage pests by adopting crop rotation, inter cropping and trap-cropping.
What Can You Get?
|S.No.||Type of Assistance||Quantum of Assistance||Scheme / Component|
|1||Directorate of Plant Protection, Quarantine & Storage, Faridabad in Haryana, through its 31 Central IPM Centres, located across the country, organizes various programmes. These programmes are purely being run for the benefit of farmers. These programmes are as follows:||NAMET (SMPP)||---
|a||Two days training programme for farmers, NGOs, pesticide dealers held under the supervision of CIPMC in villages, towns and cities.||Rs 38,600/- per training programme|
|b||Five days training programme for progressive farmers and extension officers held under the supervision of CIPMC in State-run institutions.||Rs 1,52,100/- per training programme|
|c||Farmers Field School organized through various Central Integrated Pest Management Centres(CIPMC)||Rs 26,700/- per field school|
|b||Farmers Field School through KVK (Krishi Vigyan Kendras)||Rs 29,200/- per field school|
||Support for IPM, pesticides, Integrated Nutrient Management, Fertigation, Tree Guard etc.||50% of the cost limited to Rs 5000/- per hectare||Special programme on Oil Palm Area Expansion||---
|3||Distribution of plant protection chemicals, bio-pesticides/IPM||50% of the cost or Rs 500/- per hectare whichever is less||NFSM||---
|4||Distribution of weedicides||50% of the cost or Rs 500/- per hectare whichever is less||NFSM||---
|5||Integrated Pest Management in Horticultural Crops||Limited to 4 hectares per beneficiary @ Rs 1000/- per hectare.|
|6||Assistance for locust control||for general farmers-45% of cost or Rs.1800 per ha.
For SC, ST farmers-55% of cost or Rs.2200 per ha.
In the case of aerial spray of insecticides all the expenditure for operational charges, purchase of crop protection equipments, maintenance and labour charges and related requirements 100% expenditure will bear by state Govt.
|7||NPV||50% of cost or in limit of Rs.500 per ha.||NMOOP||---
Whom to Contact ?
District Agriculture Officer / In-charge KVK / Project Director, ATMA.