This topic provides information about the Online Registration Framework Portal for taking OPD appointment in the Government Hospitals.
Online Registration System (ORS) is an online portal were citizens having Aadhaar can enrol for appointments in hospitals across various States and Union Territories of India. Through this service, getting an OPD appointment, lab reports and blood availability in any government hospital has become online and easy. As on September 2016, 46 hospitals covering 478 departments provide this service.
How does it work
Online Registration System (ORS) is being implemented in hospitals where counter based Out Patient Department (OPD) registration and appointment system through Hospital Management Information System (HMIS) has been digitized.
Portal facilitates online appointments with various departments of different Hospitals as follows
- Using e-Know Your Customer (eKYC) data of Aadhaar number, if patient's mobile number is registered with Unique Idendification Authority of India (UIDAI).
- In case mobile number is not registered with UIDAI it uses patient's name.
- New Patient will get appointment as well as Unique Health Identification (UHID) number. If Aadhaar number is already linked with UHID number, then appointment number will be given and UHID will remain same.
- Simple appointment process - For your first visit to hospital, registration and appointment with doctor is made simpler. All you have to do is verify yourself using Aadhaar Number, Select Hospital and Department, Select date of Appointment and receive SMS for Appointment.
- Dashboard Reports - Total number of Hospitals for which appointment can be taken through web along with their departments for which online appointment can be taken can be seen in reports. Detail reports showing information about New and Old patients taking appointment through this portal can be seen.
- Hospital On Boarding - Hospitals can come on board this platform and provide their appointment slots for online booking by patients. The system facilitates Hospitals to easily manage their registration and appointment process and monitor them
Requirements for getting online appointment
New patient requires aadhaar number with registered mobile number. System will get personal details of the patient using eKYC data from UIDAI.
In case patient has aadhaar number but mobile number is not registered with it, then name of the patient appearing in aadhaar card must be known. After verification, patient needs to enter other personal details.
In case, patient does not have aadhaar number then personal mobile number, name, father name, mother name etc need to be entered.
Process to take appointment for a new patient
- Visit the portal http://ors.gov.in/copp/appointment.jsp
- If you have Aadhaar number of the patient and patient's mobile number is registered with UIDAI, then One Time PIN (OTP) will be sent by UIDAI through SMS and Aadhaar holder would need to give consent to share his/her KYC data as stored in UIDAI with the hospital for the purpose of taking OPD appointment.
- In case patient's mobile number is not registered with UIDAI then patient's name as in Aadhaar needs to be given and after doing demographic authentication with UIDAI, patient will be requested to give a mobile number and other details like address, age etc.
- In case, user is not having aadhaar number, he can do online appointment but would have to collect OPD card from the hospital after providing identity of the patient.
- User can select the Department in a Government hospital where patient needs to visit for check-up
- Thereafter, user will be sent a confirmation through SMS giving details of OPD appointment.
Simple steps to get your appointment fixed online!
- Verify yourself using Aadhaar Number
- Choose Hospital / Department
- Select date of appointment
- Get confirmation SMS
For queries, please write to email@example.com
Source : ORS