Lucky Grahak and Digi-Dhan Vyapar Yojana
This topic provides information about Lucky Grahak Yojana and Digi-Dhan Vyapar Yojana.
Watch Video on Lucky Grahak and Digi-Dhan Vyapar Yojana.
The Government of India seeks to promote digital payment methods to encourage consumers and merchants to increasingly shift to these payment modes. The two schemes, namely Lucky Grahak Yojana for Consumers and Digi-Dhan Vyapar Yojana for Merchants, seek to nudge people towards significantly higher usage of digital transactions through the offer of incentives.
The Lucky Grahak Yojana and the Digi-Dhan Vyapar Yojana offers cash awards to consumers and merchants who utilize digital payment instruments for personal consumption expenditures. The scheme specially focuses on bringing the poor, lower middle class and small businesses into the digital payment fold. The National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) is the implementing agency for this scheme.
Duration of the scheme
The scheme is operational during the period 25th December, 2016 to 14th April 2017. The estimated expenditure of the scheme is likely to be Rs 340 Crores.
Components of the scheme
The scheme comprises of two major components, one for the Consumers and the other for the Merchants:
Lucky Grahak Yojana (Consumers)
- All Consumer to Merchants, Consumer to Government and all AEPS transactions done from November 8, 2017 are eligible. Person to Person and Business to Business transfers are not eligible.
- Customers and merchants using RuPay Card, BHIM, UPI (Bharat Interface for Money/Unified Payment Interface), USSD based *99# service and Aadhaar enabled Payment Service (AePS) are eligible for participating in the daily and weekly lucky draws. Transactions through Credit cards/ e wallets are not eligible.
- Transactions between Rs 50 - Rs 3,000.
- Daily reward of Rs 1000 to be given to 15,000 lucky Consumers for a period of 100 days
- Weekly prizes worth a maximum of Rs 1 lakh to 7000 Consumers
- 3 Mega Prizes for consumers worth Rs 1 cr, 50 lakh, 25 lakh for digital transactions between 8th November, 2016 to 13th April, 2017 to be announced on 14th April, 2017
Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana (Merchants)
- Prizes for Merchants for all digital transactions conducted at Merchant establishments
- Weekly prizes worth a maximum of Rs. 50,000 to 7000 merchants
- 3 Mega Prizes for merchants worth Rs 50 lakhs, 25 lakh, 12 lakh for digital transactions between 8th November, 2016 to 13th April, 2017 to be announced on 14th April 2017
The winners shall be identified through a random draw of the eligible Transaction IDs (which are generated automatically as soon as the transaction is completed] by software to be especially developed by NPCI for this purpose. The winners of lucky draw will receive a message from their banks and the reward money will be credited into their bank accounts over the next 24 hours. Citizens may check if they have received the reward by logging on to: www.digidhanlucky.mygov.in.
The draws for these events will take place in 100 different cities around India, in an event at each of these cities where DigiDhan Mela will also be organised. Presence of various stakeholders of the digital payment ecosystem, like banks, wallets, telecom service providers, other financial service providers, UIDAI at these Digidhan Melas would provide the opportunity to the citizens – both consumers and merchants – to get educated about digital payment options available, the ease of use and also benefit from hand holding provided by the service providers which would encourage wide-scale adoption of digital payments methods. In the long term such a mass movement is expected to shift large sections of the consumer and producer sections which was hitherto in the informal sector to the formal fold of the economy.
Source : NITI Ayog
Progress made as on Feb 1, 2017
More than 6,26,000 people have won prizes worth Rs. 97.07 crore as a part of NITI Aayog’s digital payment promotion schemes to give a boost to cashless economy across the country till since 25th December last year till 30th January this year. The move is a part of the ongoing efforts of the Government to create an ecosystem which provides incentives for digital transactions. Among the lucky winners are 5,55,000 consumers who have won Rs.1000 each under the Lucky Grahak Yojana- Daily scheme while 26,145 consumers have won under the Lucky Grahak Yojana- Weekly scheme. In addition over 35000 merchants have been declared winners under the Digi dhan Vyapar Yojana-weekly scheme.
Data from National Payment Corporation of India, NPCI reflects that people from different age groups, occupations and different walks of life have taken part in a big way in the Lucky Grahak Yojana and Digi-dhan Vyapar Yojana giving a boost to digital transactions.
40 Digi-Dhan Melas have been held across the country since 25th December, 2016. Over 100 Digi-Dhan Melas will be held across the country to inculcate digital payment among the people. By 1st February, the exercise has covered cities from 21 States and 4 UTs.