ASH TRACK App
This topic provides information about ASH TRACK Mobile App for better management of fly ash produced by thermal power plants.
ASH TRACK Mobile App has been launched by the Ministry of Power for better management of fly ash produced by thermal power plants by providing an interface between fly ash producers (Thermal Power Plants) and potential ash users such as – road contractors, cement plants etc..
Fly ash, the end product of combustion during the process of power generation in the coal based thermal power plants, is a proven resource material for many applications of construction industries and currently is being utilized in manufacturing of Portland Cement, bricks/blocks/tiles manufacturing, road embankment construction and low lying area development, etc.
Proper management of fly ash is important not only for the environment but for us also as the ash produced by the power plants occupies a lot of land space. At present, only 63 per cent of the fly ash is being utilised. Quality-wise Indian coal has much more ash content than other countries.
Features of ASH TRACK
The ASH TRACK App would be managing 200 million tonnes of fly ash by tracking coal based power plants situated within 100 km and 300 km from given location and availability of fly ash, along with prospective users within the same radius.
The App gives plant-wise, utility-wise and State-wise ash utilization status in the country. The thermal plants would regularly update fly ash generation, utilization and stock on the web portal and the app. This would allow effective monitoring and reviewing for increasing ash utilization. This would also help in protecting environment in terms of reduction in fugitive emissions, saving of precious top soil and conservation of land for sustainable development.
The ASH TRACK Mobile App has following features
- For Consumers
- App shows coal based power plants situated within the radius of 100 km and 300 km from a given location
- User can select power station from where he wants to take fly ash
- Ash availability, distance from user’s location, details of contact person will be displayed
- User can apply online for allocation of ash
- SMS will be sent to the applicant and the respective power plant instantly
- App shows perspective users within the radius of 100 km and 300 km of power plants
- Power station can see the location of prospective ash users surrounding the power plant like – cement plants, NHAI, Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) projects, brick producers, etc.
- Power plants can contact the prospective users for supply of ash
- App gives plant wise, utility wise and state wise ash utilization status in the country
- Shows details of real time ash generation and utilization
How to use
Users can download the Ash Track mobile app from Google Play Store for Android OS and from App Store for Apple IOS.
Source : PIB