Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance
This topic provides information about Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance (UMANG).
Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance (UMANG) provides a single platform for all Indian Citizens to access pan India e-Gov services ranging from Central to Local Government bodies and other citizen centric services.
UMANG intends to provide major services offered by Central and State Government departments, Local bodies and other utility services from private organizations. It provides a unified approach where citizens can install one application to avail multiple government services.
UMANG is a Digital India initiative of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
- UMANG provides seamless integration with popular customer centric services like Aadhaar and Digilocker.
- It provides a unified approach where you can install one application to avail multiple government services.
- UMANG can be accessed on multiple channels like mobile application, web, IVR and SMS which can be accessed through smartphones, feature phones, tablets and desktops.
- UMANG has a rich multimedia interface with a focus on maximizing usability and enriching user experience
- UMANG supports 12 major Indian languages in addition to English.
How to use
- You can register on UMANG through the following interfaces:
- Web - https://web.umang.gov.in/web/#/
- Mobile App - https://web.umang.gov.in/uaw/appdown.html
- However, you do not need registration for using UMANG services through IVR and SMS. Note : Only particular services may be made available on Pull SMS and IVR if respective departments want to provide their services through SMS and IVR channels.
Source : UMANG website