This topic provides information about e-courts MMP.
The eCourts Mission Mode Project, is a Pan-India Project, monitored and funded by Department of Justice, Ministry of Law and Justice, Government of India for the District Courts across the country.
- To provide efficient & time-bound citizen centric services delivery as detailed in eCourt Project Litigant's Charter.
- To develop, install & implement decision support systems in courts.
- To automate the processes to provide transparency in accessibility of information to its stakeholders.
- To enhance judicial productivity, both qualitatively & quantitatively, to make the justice delivery system affordable, accessible, cost effective, predictable, reliable and transparent.
The specific objectives of the Project include
- To make whole judicial system ICT enabled by putting in place adequate and modern hardware and connectivity
- Automation of workflow management in all courts
- Electronic movement of records from taluka/trial to appeal courts
- Installation of video conferencing (VC) facility and recording of witness through Video Conferencing
- Connecting all courts in the country to the National Judicial Data Grid (NJDG) through WAN and additional redundant connectivity
- Citizen centric facilities such as electronic filing, e-payment and use of mobile applications in all courts
- Touch screen based kiosks in each court complex, full computerisation of State and district level judicial and service academies and centres.
The eCourts Mission Mode Project (Phase I 2010-15; Phase II 2015-19) is a national eGovernance project for ICT enablement of district and subordinate courts of the country. It is being implemented by the Government of India with a total outlay of 1670 crores (Phase II).
Citizen Services offered
- Search the current status and the history of a Case using CNR number of the Case / Case Registration Number / Party Name / Advocate Name etc.
- Search and View court orders using Party name / case number / Court number / Order date.
- Search and view Cause list of a court
To access the above services,
- Visit website.
- Download mobile app Android OS and iOS.
- SMS service - - SMS pull service - Case status can be obtained by sending unique CNR number (Case Number Record) to 9766899899 through SMS. SMS format is : Ecourts <space> <CNR number> .
Source : e-Courts website