This article contains the informations about the government e-market place .
This Video Explains About e-Market
Government e-Marketplace (GeM) is a one stop portal to facilitate online procurement of common use Goods & Services required by various Government Departments / Organizations / PSUs. GeM aims to enhance transparency, efficiency and speed in public procurement. It provides the tools of e-bidding, reverse e-auction and demand aggregation to facilitate the government users achieve the best value for their money.
The purchases through GeM by Government users have been authorized and made mandatory by Ministry of Finance by adding a new Rule No. 149 in the General Financial Rules, 2017.
The platform can be accessed at https://gem.gov.in/.
GeM Advantages For Buyers
- Offers rich listing of products for individual categories of Goods/Services
- Makes available search, compare, select and buy facility
- Enables buying Goods and Services online, as and when required.
- Provides transparency and ease of buying
- Ensures continuous vendor rating system
- Up-to-date user-friendly dashboard for buying, monitoring supplies and payments
- Provision of easy return policy
GeM Advantages For Sellers
- Direct access to all Government departments.
- One-stop shop for marketing with minimal efforts
- One-stop shop for bids / reverse auction on products / services
- New Product Suggestion facility available to Sellers
- Dynamic pricing: Price can be changed based on market conditions
- Seller friendly dashboard for selling, and monitoring of supplies and payments
- Consistent and uniform purchase procedures
FAQs on GeM
- Who can buy/purchase through GeM?
All Central government and State Government Ministries/Departments including its attached/subordinate offices, Central and State autonomous bodies, Central and State Public Sector Units and local bodies etc. are authorized to make procurement through GeM portal.
- Who is authorized to register as Primary User on GeM?
Authorized officers of the rank of Deputy Secretary/Equivalent or Head of the Office at Sub Center / Unit / Branch of Government Organisation / PSU / Autonomous Bodies / Local Bodies / Constitution Bodies / Statuary Bodies can register as Primary User on GeM.
- What are the Requirements to utilize the GeM portal?
For Using GeM portal first a Primary User needs to register on GeM portal. Requirement of Registration on GeM are as follows:
- Aadhaar number of the user
- Mobile number which is linked with Aadhaar
- Email ID ending with gov.in/nic.in/gembuyer.in
- Verifying authority details such as name, mobile number and email ID ending with gov.in/nic.in
- Goods up to what value can be purchased on GeM?
Please refer Rule 149 of GFR 2017. The GeM portal shall be utilized by the Government buyers for direct on-line purchases as under :
- Up to Rs.25,000/- through any of the available suppliers on the GeM, meeting the requisite quality, specification and delivery period. The procuring authorities will certify the reasonability of rates.
- Above Rs.25,001/- and up to Rs.5,00,000/- through the GeM Seller having lowest price amongst the available sellers, of at least three different manufacturers, on GeM, meeting the requisite quality, specification and delivery period. The tools for online bidding and online reverse auction available on GeM can be used by the Buyer if decided by the competent authority. The procuring authorities will certify the reasonability of rates.
- Above Rs.5,00,000/- through the supplier having lowest price meeting the requisite quality, specification and delivery period after mandatorily obtaining bids, using online bidding or reverse auction tool provided on GeM. The procuring authorities will certify the reasonability of rates.
- How to make purchase on GeM?
- SignUp using the link https://gem.gov.in/register/buyer/signup. On completion of verification, Login as Primary user/HoD in GeM portal and create secondary users (Buyer/Consignee/PAO/DDO) after clicking on Manage users tab available in Dashboard.
- Buyer to login to GeM portal. Select and cart the product as per the requirement through application of various filters. Buyers should apply filters carefully to define their requirement without adversely affecting competitiveness. Select the proper buying method as per the GFR-149.
- Create demand -- Generate Sanction order -- Generate contract. Once order is placed, Seller to deliver the Goods/ Services to consignee within stipulated delivery date and generate on-line invoice on GeM portal.
- Consignee to login after receipt of Items. Generation of Provisional receipt Certificate (PRC) within 48 hrs of receipt of stores. Generation of Consignee Receipt and Acceptance Certificate (CRAC) within 10 days of receipt of stores.
- Bill processing by buyer (within 2 days of generation of CRAC by consignee) -- Bill to be forwarded to PFMS by DDO within 1 day of on-line receipt of bill from Buyer against e-signed Consignee’s Receipt and Acceptance Certificate (CRAC) (In case of central government organizations paying through PFMS) -- Payment to be made by PAO from PFMS within 2 days of receipt of bill from DDO (total time limit for payment is 10 days from date of generation of CRAC). Or Buyer to forward all documents for payment to Paying Authority and Payment to be released by Paying Authority / PAO within 10 days of generation of Consignee’s Receipt (In case of users paying through SBI e-pay or Other mode of Payment.)
To read more FAQs, click here.
- Who can sell on GeM?
The “Seller(s)” on GeM will be the OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) and/or their authorized channel partner(s)/ resellers (having any general authorization / dealership of the OEM to sell their product in open market) and e- Marketplaces.
- How do I sell on GeM?
- To sell on GeM, Register yourself on the GeM portal.
- List your products under specific product categories.
- Once an order is received, deliver the product to the Consignee duly entering its details on the portal.
- Once an order is successfully delivered, Consignee shall inspect / test the product for its conformity with contract specifications and issue acceptance / rejection through on-line CRAC.
- After CRAC, buyer will process the bill and forward to paying authority for time bound payments.
To read more FAQs, click here.
Source : GeM portal.