Reserve Unique Name service
This topic provide information about Reserve Unique Name service of MCA
What is RUN
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs has introduced a web service "RUN” (Reserve Unique Name) for reserving name of proposed company and for changing name of existing company w.e.f. 26th January 2018.
How to access
To access the service, click here.
This is a post-login service and existing users would need to login into their account using their credentials. New users are required to create a login account first before using the service. After login, they may click on the icon RUN (Reserve Unique Name) under the head ‘MCA Services’.
To upload relevant documents, if any, please note that only one file is allowed to be uploaded as an attachment and the size of the file should not exceed 6MB. In case of multiple attachments, please scan all documents into a single file not exceeding 6MB in size, and then upload the same.
Name applications submitted through RUN will be processed by Central Registration Centre (CRC) under Non-STP mode. The name applied for will be subjected to a comprehensive check by the Central Registration (CRC) and thereafter approval or rejection, as the case may be, shall be communicated by e-mail to the applicant.
FAQs on RUN service
1. What are the types of entities for which a name can be reserved using the RUN service?
Entity Type represents the Type/Class/Category of the proposed company in case name is being reserved for incorporating a new company. It has the following options :
- New Company (Others)
- Producer Company
- Unlimited Company
- Private (OPC)
- IFSC Company
- Section 8 Company
- Nidhi Company
2. Points to be considered while selecting name of a proposed company
- Users are requested to ensure that the proposed name selected does not contain any word which is prohibited under Section 4(2) & (3) of the Companies Act, 2013 read with Rule 8 of the Companies (Incorporation) Rules, 2014. Users are also requested to read and understand Rule 8 of the Companies (Incorporation) Rules, 2014 in respect of any proposed name before applying for the same.
- To check if the proposed Name is already existing, use Name Search service available at http://www.mca.gov.in/mcafoportal/showCheckCompanyName.do
- Stakeholders are requested to also check the Trademark search to ensure that the proposed name is not in violation of provisions of Section 4(2) of the Companies Act, 2013, failing which it is liable to be rejected. For Trade Mark Search visit http://www.ipindia.nic.in/index.htm
3. For how many days is a reserved name valid?
An approved name is valid for a period of
- 20 days from the date of approval (in case name is being reserved for a new company) or
- 60 days from the date of approval (in case of change of name of an existing company)
4. Is it mandatory to attach documents while reserving name?
No. It is mandatory to attach relevant documents and No Objection Certificates (NOCs) only when a name which requires the approval of a Sectoral Regulator or NoC etc. if applicable, as per the Companies (Incorporation) Rules, 2014, is being applied for.
5. What is the Fee payable?
Rs.1000 for each submission.
Source : Ministry of Corporate Affairs