This topic provides information about Udyog Aadhaar - a National Portal for Registration of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises
This Video Explains About registration process on MSME unit registration (Udyog Aadhaar)
Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector has emerged as a highly vibrant and dynamic sector of the Indian economy over the last five decades. MSMEs not only play crucial role in providing large employment opportunities at comparatively lower capital cost than large industries but also help in industrialization of rural & backward areas, thereby, reducing regional imbalances, assuring more equitable distribution of national income and wealth.
The primary responsibility of promotion and development of MSMEs is of the State Governments. However, the Government of India, supplements efforts of the State Governments through various initiatives. The role of the M/o MSME and its organizations is to assist the States in their efforts to encourage entrepreneurship, employment and livelihood opportunities and enhance the competitiveness of MSMEs in the changed economic scenario.
The Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development (MSMED) Act was notified in 2006 to address policy issues affecting MSMEs as well as the coverage and investment ceiling of the sector. As per MSME Act of 2006, all enterprises are expected to register with District Industries Centre (DIC) of their area and file Entrepreneurs Memorandum (EM) 1 for intention to start business if manufacturing or service and file EM 2 after starting production.
A large chunk of enterprises in India are simply not registered due to the cumbersome paperwork involved in the process and, therefore, can't tap the government schemes for them. The Ministry for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises had in September 2015 notified Udyog Aadhaar to ensure ease of registration and wider coverage of MSMEs to avail the benefits under various Schemes of Central/ State governments. Hence, at present, filing of EM-I has been abolished. Udyog Aadhaar (UA) has been introduced for running units. No need to apply for upcoming units. Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum (UAM) can be filled online on the portal created by Ministry of MSME i.e. http://udyogaadhaar.gov.in.
Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum (UAM)
UAM is a one-page registration form which constitutes a self-declaration format under which the MSME will self-certify its existence, bank account details, promoter/owner’s Aadhaar details and other minimum information required. There shall be no fee for filing the Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum. On submission of the form, Udyog Aadhaar Acknowledgement shall be generated and mailed to the email address provided in the Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum which shall contain unique Udyog Aadhaar Number (UAN).
Existing enterprises, which have filed Entrepreneurship Memorandum-I or Entrepreneurship Memorandum-II or both, or the holders of Small Scale Industry registration, prior to the coming into force of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development Act, 2006 (27 of 2006) shall not be required to file Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum, but if they so desire, they may also file the Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum. There is no restriction on filing more than one Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum using the same Aadhaar Number.
The Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum is filed on self-declaration basis, and no supporting document is required to be uploaded or submitted while filing the Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum, but the Central Government or the State Government or such person as may be authorized in this behalf may seek documentary proof of information provided in the Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum, wherever necessary.
Guidelines for Filling the Online Udyog Aadhaar Form
- Aadhaar Number - 12 digit Aadhaar number issued to the applicant should be filled in the appropriate field.
- Name of Owner- The applicant should fill his/her name strictly as mentioned on the Aadhaar Card issued by UIDAI. E.g. if Raj Pal Singh has his name as Raj P. Singh, the same should accordingly be entered if the name does not match with the Aadhar Number, the applicant will not be able to fill the form further. To Validate Aadhar:-
- Validate Aadhar- The applicant must click on Validate Aadhaar button for verification of Aadhaar, after that only user can fill the form further.
- Reset- The applicant can click on reset button to clear the field of Aadhaar No and Name of the owner for different Aadhaar.
- Social Category- The Applicant may select the Social Category (General, Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Castes (OBC). The proof of belonging to SC, ST or OBC may be asked by appropriate authority, if and when required.
- Name of Enterprise- The Applicant must fill the name by which his/her Enterprise is known to the customers/public and is a legal entity to conduct business. One applicant can have more than one enterprises doing business and each one can be registered for a separate Udyog Aadhaar and with the same Aadhaar Number as Enterprise 1 and Enterprise 2 etc.
- Type of Organization- The Applicant may select from the given list the appropriate type of the organisation for his/her enterprise. The Applicant must ensure that he/she is authorised by the legal entity (i.e. enterprise being registered for Udyog Aadhaar) to fill this online form. Only one Udyog Aadhaar number shall be issued for each enterprise.
- Postal Address- The Applicant should fill in the appropriate field the complete postal address of the Enterprise including State, District, Pin code, Mobile No and Email.
- Date of Commencement- The date in the past on which the business entity commenced its operations may be filled in the appropriate field.
- Previous Registration Details(if any)- If the Applicant's enterprise, for which the Udyog Aadhaar is being applied, is already issued a valid EM-I/II by the concerned GM (DIC) as per the MSMED Act 2006 or the SSI registration prevailing prior to the said Act, such number may be mentioned in the appropriate place.
- Bank Details- The Applicant must provide his/her bank account number used for running the Enterprise in the appropriate place. The Applicant must also provide the IFS Code of the bank's branch where his/her mentioned account exists. The IFS code is now a days printed on the Cheque Books issued by the bank. Alternatively, if the Applicant knows the name of the Bank and the branch where his/her account is there, the IFSC code can be found from website of the respective Bank.
- Major Activity- The major activity i.e. either "Manufacturing" or "Service" may be chosen by the enterprise for Udyog Aadhaar. If your enterprise involves in both type of activities and if major work involves in Manufacturing and small portion of activity involves in Service sector then select your major activity type as "Manufacturing" and if major work involves in Services and small portion of activity involves in Manufacturing then select your major activity type as "Services"
- National Industry Classification Code (NIC Code)- The Applicant may choose multiple National Industrial Classification-2008 (NIC) Codes to includes all their activities. Which means user can select multiple NIC code of Manufacturing and Service sector by clicking "Add More" button.If you want to add Manufacturing then select "Manufacturing" radiobutton and keep on adding by clicking "Add More" button otherwise if you want to add Service then select "Services" radiobutton and keep on adding by clicking "Add More" button. The NIC codes are prepared by the Central Statistical Organisation (CSO) under the Ministry of Statistics and Program implementation, Government of India.
- Person employed- The total number of people who are directly been paid salary/ wages by the enterprise may be mentioned in the appropriate field.
- lnvestment in Plant & Machinery / Equipment- While computing the total investment , the original investment ( purchase value of items) is to be taken into account excluding tho cost of pollution control, research and development, industrial safety devices, and such other items as may be specified, by notification of RBI. If an enterprise started with a set of plant and machinery purchased in 2008 worth Rs. 70.00 lakh has procured additional plant and machinery in the year 2013 worth Rs. 65.00 lakh, then the total investment in Plant & Machinery may be treated as Rs. 135.00 lakh.
- DIC- The Applicant, based on the location of the Enterprise, has to fill in location of DIC. This Column will be active and show option only when there are more than one DIC in the district. In fact if there is only one DIC in the district system will automatically register you in the same DIC.
- Submit- The Applicant must click on Submit button to generate acknowledgment number.
Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum - Online Verification
Instructions for Verify Online UAM :
- Visit http://udyogaadhaar.gov.in/UA/UA_VerifyUAM.aspx
- Enter 12 digit UAM No. (i.e. DL05A0000001)
- Enter Valid Verification Code as given in Captcha Image. Verification Code is not case sensative.
- Click on Verify Button