Pharma Jan Samadhan
This topic provides information about Pharma Jan Samadhan, a grievance redressal system to effectively deal with complaints related to pricing, shortage and non-availability of medicines.
The Pharma Jan Samadhan (PJS) initiative is part of Government of India's Digital India initiative, which aims at empowering the citizen through a transparent, accountable and responsive governance system. The PJS provides the consumer with an effective and time bound online grievance redressal system to effectively deal with complaints related to pricing, shortage and non-availability of medicines.
Services provided to the citizens
The PJS provides the following online services to the citizens.
- Search Maximum Retail Price (MRP) of Scheduled Medicine, new drug & drug for which price fixed under Para 19 by the National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority, Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers.
- Lodge complaints under the following types
- Overpricing of Scheduled Medicine, new drug & drug for which price fixed under Para 19 Click here
- Non-availability or shortage of any Medicine Click here
- Sale of New Medicine without prior price approval of NPPA Click here
- Refusal of Supply or Sale of Any Medicine Click here
- Check the status of complaint Click here
Offline process to file a complaint
Apart from the internet- based online facility, there is a consumer Help Line also, which can be used to lodge complaints.
NPPA, 3rd Floor, YMCA Cultural Centre Building,
1, Jai Singh Road, New Delhi – 110 001.
Tel : 011 – 23746649 Fax : 011 – 23746652
Email : msecy.nppa[at]nic[dot]in
HelpLine nos. : 011 – 23746647, 1800111255
The Mobile App of NPPA (Search Medicine Price) , will provide information to consumers on prices of scheduled medicines, which are under price regulation. ‘Search Medicine Price’ is an online search tool for checking prices of scheduled medicines instantly at the time of purchase of the medicine. The tool will indicate the MRP of the scheduled medicines (inclusive of VAT). This app will facilitate consumers to verify whether medicines are being sold within the approved price range and also to detect any case of overpricing by pharmaceutical company/chemist.
For Mobile Application Click hereto download.
Source: Pharma Jan Samadhan