National Scholarships Portal
This topic provides information about National Scholarships Portal.
National Scholarships Portal is one-stop solution through which various services starting from student application, application receipt, processing, sanction and disbursal of various scholarships to Students are enabled. National Scholarships Portal is taken as Mission Mode Project under National e-Governance Plan (NeGP). Currently, the NSP has 9 participating ministry/departments and 21 registered schemes.
The initiative aims at providing a Simplified, Mission-oriented, Accountable, Responsive & Transparent 'SMART' System for faster & effective disposal of Scholarships applications and delivery of funds directly into beneficiaries account without any leakages.
The Mission Mode Project (MMP) of National Scholarships Portal under the National e-Governance Plan aims at providing common electronic portal for implementing various Scholarships schemes launched by Union Government, State Government and Union Territories across the country.
- Ensure timely disbursement of Scholarships to students
- Provide a common portal for various Scholarships schemes of Central and State Governments
- Create a transparent database of scholars
- Avoid duplication in processing
- Harmonisation of different Scholarships schemes & norms
- Application of Direct Benefit Transfer
- Simplified process for the students
- Common application form for all scholarships
- Onetime registration of students
- Based on eligibility criteria, system itself suggests the schemes for which a student is eligible
- Improved Transparency
- Elimination of duplicate applications
- Release of scholarship amount directly to bank accounts of students through DBT
- SMS and E-Mail alerts at every step of scholarship process
- Serve as a Decision Support System (DSS) as up-to date information is available on demand
- Scalable and Configurable platform
Services offered to various stakeholders
- Check your eligibility for scholarships
- Student Registration (Fresh and Renewal)
- Online Submission of Application
- Application Status Tracking
- Know your payment status
- Register Complaint / View Complaint Status
- Click here to download the NSP Mobile app to get the above listed services
- Institute Registration
- Course Registration
- Application Verification
- Forward Applications
State Government Departments
- Schemes and Workflow Configuration
- Data Verification
- Application Processing
- Release of Funds
Central Ministries /Departments
- Schemes and Workflow Configuration
- Fund Release
- Expenditure Monitoring
- Common MIS
Online Application procedure for scholarships
This Video Explains About Registration and Apply Scholarship form in National Scholarship Portal
Fresh application :
- 1st step - Student have to go register using the “Student Registration page” on the National Scholarships Portal.
- Fill up the application as per the instructions given by the system then click on save button. Preliminary details such as Student Name, Domicile State, Fresh/renewal, Father/Mothers/Guardian name, Date of Birth, Caste, Community, Aadhaar Number (If available), Email, Phone Number number/Student ID are required for filling the application.
- After saving, student will get a “Temporary ID”. The system will instruct the applicant to submit his/her Temporary ID and date of birth to fill subsequent details.
- Once registration is complete on click of submit button, a Permanent Registration ID is generated which can be used for Renewal and tracking the status of application. Once the student submits the Online application form and the student gets the Permanent Registration ID , he/she will will not be able to edit the details until the Scholarship application Processing is completed.
Renewal Students have to apply with their Bank Account No and Date of Birth which they registered previous year. Student can also use Forgot Registration ID to retrieve their ID.
To access the complete user manual for registration, click here.
To know the scheme-wise and state-wise process flow for processing the submitted application, click here.
Procedure to register school/college/institution
- Visit the URL - https://scholarships.gov.in/institutedetail.do
- Before Registering, check if it is already Registered with the Portal by using the “Find School/College”. The institution can be searched by location / institute code.
- If it is not found in the list then proceed for registration by selecting “ Register School/College ” available. A Registration Form titled - Register School/College/University Details is displayed on the Right Hand Side of the Webpage.
- Fill in the Institute Registration Form and click on submit button.
- Once the Online form is Successfully Submitted, the Institute will be verified and approved by the respective state Nodal Officer. To know the details of state nodal officers to the National Scholarships Portal, click here.
- After the Verification & Approval process, the respective Login Credentials (user id and password) will be communicated to the school/college through SMS to the State Nodal Officer.
Source : National Scholarship Portal