New branding guidelines for Common Service Centres
This topic provides information about the new branding guidelines issued by DeitY for all Common Service Centres.
CSC 2.0 has been formulated in pursuance of the Government’s commitment to set up Common Service Centres in all 2.5 lakh Gram Panchayats to provide various e-services to citizens in rural areas under the Digital India Programme. Under the Scheme, all CSCs are to have a common look and feel across the county, while also incorporating the local flavour using the State CSC logo and name of the respective CSC Kendra.
Guidelines for common branding of CSCs
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) has issued new branding guidelines for all Common Service Centres (CSCs) under CSC 2.0 scheme. The banner for 29 states and 7 union territories has been developed in regional languages, as per directions from MeitY.
As per the new guidelines:
- A shop front board of minimum 6 x 3 ft. (width x height) will be displayed at all CSCs across the country.
- The design will incorporate the CSC ID or OMT ID on the top, along with State CSC logo and name of the CSC Kendra.
- At the bottom of the board, the complete address of CSC, including Gram Panchayat/ District and State has to be mentioned.
- The common branding is to be hoisted on an iron frame with flex printing along with appropriate lighting arrangement.
- Monetary assistance of Rs. 3500 per CSC for branding costs will be provided on submission of a picture of their branded CSC (as shown below) along with other details like name, OMT ID, contact number and complete address to the CSC State Coordinator.
- Detailed guidelines for the new common branding and the open file of the artwork would soon be made available for download on www.csc.gov.in. A VLE can download the open file for their respective state or Union Territory and incorporate their State CSC Logo / name of the CSC Kendra in the State and complete address.
- Along with the common branding, all CSCs have to further display the rates charged for various services.
Examples of common branding of CSCs
Few examples of the common branding for Bihar/ Kerala/ West Bengal/ Gujarat have been provided below for reference:
West Bengal Gujarat
Source : CSC