AADHAAR seeding in bank accounts using CSC
This topic explains about AADHAAR seeding in bank accounts using CSC eKYC Platform & Centres
Aadhaar seeding process
Aadhaar seeding is a process by which Aadhaar numbers of residents are included in the service delivery database of service providers (In this Case he service provider is Bank) for enabling de - duplication of database and Aadhaar based authentication during service delivery.
The objective of de- duplication is not to replace the currently used unique identifier of the customers/ residents/ beneficiaries with Aadhaar but it is to clean up the databases for any ghosts / duplicate entries and seamlessly enable Aadhaar authentication without impacting any other interface that the service providers maintain with their customers.
Further, as Aadhaar number is unique and does not change over the lifecycle of an individual, the 12-digit Aadhaar number is sufficient enough to transfer any payments to an individual. Today, in order to transfer money to a beneficiary, the Government/ Institution needs to know the bank account, IFSC Code, and bank branch details etc. Aadhaar offers the possibility of sending government payments by using just the 12- digit Aadhaar number for life, which makes government payments agnostic to any changes in the bank Account of the individuals, hence reducing the administrative burden.
CSC e-Gov Services Lts as an Authorized Service Agency
CSC e-Governance services India Ltd. is registered as Authorized Service Agency (ASA) and Authorized User Agency (AUA) with UIDAI for e- KYC related activities. All the centres are capable of performing EKYC transaction. Currently there are 1, 66,671 centres which are offering various citizen centric services across the length and breadth of the nation.
CSC Aadhaar seeding platform is a neutral platform and it has the following propositions for Aadhaar seeding with Bank accounts
- Multiple touch points, These centres will be additional points for Aadhaar seeding
- All Common Service Centres (CSCs) capable of handling Aadhaar Seeding as they are offering various services using EKYC
- There are three options on the EKYC platform - IRIS / FINGER PRINT / OTP.
- Application has functionality of taking online consent from the customer for Aadhaar seeding
Step by Step process of using EKYC platform by CSCs
- Log on to www.apna.csc.gov.in
- After login, click on “Aadhaar Seeding” link under services page
One Time KYC of VLE
- VLE has to register once at the time of doing the first transaction.
- The KYC of the VLE will be done over Aadhaar Platform
- Commission amount shall be transferred in the Aadhaar linked bank account of the VLE
- At the Time of KYC, the VLE has to also provide other details related to the VLE like
- Bank Account No,
- IFSC Code of the Bank,
- PAN No. ( If PAN is not provided during KYC, TDS percentage will be 20%) etc…
Customer Aadhaar seeding
Select Bank for Aadhaar Seeding
- Customer to confirm the Name of the Bank from the list of Bank for which Seeding is required
- Operator will log in on portal and click on “Aadhaar Seeding” link under services page.
Online Consent by Customer
KYC Using Aadhaar Authentication
Customer Aadhaar Seeding Form
- Successful Aadhaar authentication, Customer information will auto populate in the displayed form
- The Data received from Aadhaar will not be edited
- Customer will provide additional information related to the Bank Account in the Blank Fields
- Acknowledgment number will be provided to customer after submission of data for checking status
Commission to VLEs
- Commission will be paid only for successfully seeded requests
- Amount to be paid @Rs.4 each successfully seeded request (Taxes Applicable)
How can the citizens benefit
- Citizens can visit their nearest CSC location for Aadhaar Seeding
- The CSC operator will Authenticate the customer using Aadhaar. After Authentication, the operator enters other details and provides customer with unique transaction reference no.
- The banks update the details and on completion of the same, the account is seeded with the Aadhaar number.
Source: APNA CSC