The topic briefs about the e-Governance initiatives that will benefit common man in Karnataka.
‘BHOOMI’ the land records management systems is the first e-Governance project that has been successfully implemented for the benefit of the common man. It is providing service to more than 70 lakh farmers of Karnataka since last 4 years.
Under this project, Land Records Kiosk has been setup in each taluk of the state to issue:
- Land records documents to public on demand
- Finger print (Bio-metric) authentication to ensure fool proof system<
- Easy & quick access to land records documents & status of mutation, using Touch Screen Kiosk
- Mutation requests processed on First-in-First-out Basis
- Workflow based online system to carry out mutations on land records data
- PKI enabled BHOOMI and integration with Sub-registrar data are on pilot run
‘ Samanya Mahiti ’ is the web based initiative of Rural Development & Panchayati Raj Department to provide information about basic amenities available in all Hamlets of Karnataka State. It covers 387 parameters of all 21 sectors. Here information can be viewed Hamlet wise, Village wise, Hobli wise, Gram Panchayat wise, Taluka Panchayat Constituency wise, Zilla Panchayat Constituency wise, Assembly Constituency wise, Parliamentary Constituency wise, Taluka wise, District wise and for entire State pertaining to any of the 21 sectors. This Data is collected by Zilla Panchayat of the respective districts and overall activity is monitored by PME wing of RDPR.
Visit http://rdpr.kar.nic.in for more information about Samanya Mahiti.
‘e-Granthalaya’ is generic windows based Library Automation Software, which has been standardized by NIC for implementation, all over the country.
Features incorporated are:
- Acquisition, serials, OPAC, circulation and administration, with barcode interface.
- Exhaustive help and search.
- Guest account for non-members and web utilities are also available
Visit http://egranthalaya.kar.nic for more information.
Sahakara Darpana of Directorate of Co-operative Audit
'Shakara Darpana’ is a dual language portal, developed with an objective of bringing transparency in administration. It is an initiative of NIC Karnataka and Directorate of Co-operative Audit.
The portal displays the financial position of more than 30,000 Co-operative Institutions, depicting their strengths and weaknesses.
- Abridgement of Balance Sheet
- Accounting of Profit & Loss
- Account Manufacturing
- Account Trading
- Ratio Analysis
- Checking the irregularities (Administrative, Financial and Maintenance of records)
- Grading of Co-operative Societies
Visit http://sahakaradarpana.kar.nic.in for more information.
Sarathi & Vahan of Transport Department
'Sarathi & Vahan’ provides total automation of Regional Transport Office (RTO), transactions - comprising of Fee and Tax, all stages of Registration, License, Permit and Enforcement, Fitness, Fee and Tax sections through workflow based system.
It also provides following services
- On-line system with no manual intervention
- On-line issue of various documents through workflow
- Integration with Traffic wing on Police Department
- Capturing image and applicant details at the driving track for Driving License
Visit http://rto.kar.nic.in/ for more information about Sarathi & Vahan.
Returns Filing System (RFS)
‘Return Filing System’ has been implemented in 130+ circle offices of Bangalore to disseminate information about tax rates etc. It will bring in transparency in tax administration.
This website has details of the tax schedules with rates of tax and related notifications in force.
- Standardization at all field level offices throughout the state
- Improvement in service to dealers
- Accuracy at all times
- Data security at all levels
- Dealer details available at all times
Visit http://ctax.kar.nic.in/index.asp for more information about Return Filing System.
‘e-MAN’ is a generic web based software for integrated maintenance of consumable and non-consumable items of technical stores. The web based software has been installed and implemented by many State Units of NIC.
The software provides facility for issuing items, indenting and approval, returning and receiving fresh items into the stock.
- Maintenance of Stores
- Receipts / Issues / Returns - to and from stores
- Auto e-mail for each transaction to the respective recipient
- Stock report generation on different parameters
- Call reporting for the hardware failure under AMC
- View facility for AMC vendors to monitor hardware failures
Visit http://eman.kar.nic.in/ for more information.
Aasthi Terige (Property Tax)
‘Aasthi Terige’ is software developed for calculation and collection of property tax. Once an authorized government official fixes the Annual Rental Value and Property Tax, the software automatically calculates the amounts. This computerized mechanism has been implemented by the Government of Karnataka in the Gram Panchayats.
- Computerized printing of Demand Notes and Notices
- Tax collections done through computerized cash counters
- Local language support
- Transparent System
Visit http://rdpr.kar.nic.infor more information about Aasthi Terige
Child Labour Eradication Activities Information System (CLEAIS)
Karnataka State Child Labour Eradication Project Society has implemented the ‘Child Labour Eradication Activities Information System (CLEAIS) to facilitate- Data Entry, Query and Graph related information on:
- Enforcement Activities
- Prosecution Cases
- Minimum Wages Cases
- Recovery Cases
- Recovery of Dues by DC
- Child Labour Identification
- Bridge Schools
- Category wise Bifurcation of Children
- Bonded Child Labour
- Child Labour Eradication Activities in Rural Development & Public Relations Department.
- Child Labour Eradication Activities: Department of Urban Development
- Child Labour Eradication Efforts Department of Social Welfare
- Capacity Building & Training Activities
- Environment Building Activities
- Details of Society Fund
Visit http://balashrama.kar.nic.in/ to know more information about the service.
Krishi Marata Vahini
‘Krishi Marata Vahini’ is a web based online Agricultural commodities Price Information System. It provides the market wise price information daily by 4 PM, in English and Kannada Languages.
The information obtained through the portal is being used by traders and farmers to get and fix competitive prices for their agricultural products.
Visit http://krishimaratavahini.kar.nic.in/ for more information about Krishi Marata vahini.
Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department has started the ‘Ahara’ project. The web based initiative has been taken up to popularize the Governments Food Policy towards Below Poverty Line (BPL) beneficiaries. The department provides online information to 50 lakhs BPL family on the following topics:
- Details of 20,000 Fair Price Shops
- Daily Retail prices of essential commodities of all the districts
- Variation in Daily Retail Prices
- Variation in Weekly Prices
- Monthly Retail Prices & Month end Retail Prices
- Month end Wholesale Prices
- Comparative Statement Of Wholesale/Retail Prices
- District wise allotment of food grains
- Citizens Charter and Scheme details TPDS and other particulars
Visit http://ahara.kar.nic.in/for more information about Ahara.
Audit Monitoring System (AMS)
The Office of the Controller (Accounts Management) & Ex-Officio Secretary to Government, in the Finance Department has initiated the ‘Audit Monitoring System’ (AMS) to lead and integrate the States work on public financial management and accountability.
They have developed a website to monitor the response of the departments in the Government to:
- Audit Objections/Observations in Inspection Reports
- Draft Audit Paragraphs/Reviews Proposed for inclusion in the CAGs Audit Report (Civil, Commercial, Revenue Receipts, ZP),
- Departmental Notes to Paragraphs/ Reviews included in the CAGs Audit Report (Civil, Commercial, Revenue Receipts, Zilla Panchayat),
- Departmental Notes to Excess over voted grants/charged appropriations requiring regularization, and
- Action Taken Notes to PAC/COPU Reports
Visit http://www.ams.kar.nic.in/ to know more about the service.
Online Text Books for Class X
The Department of State Educational Research & Training (DSERT), of Karnataka Government, has taken up the initiative of providing the class X text books online.
The department has made available the text books for the subjects - Science, Hindi, English, Kannada, Mathematics, Biology, Social Science, Sanskrit, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu & Urdu of class X in all languages i.e Kannada, English, Hindi, Marathi, Telugu, Urdu and Tamil for common good. All these books are provided in PDF format.
Visit www.ktbs.kar.nic.in for more information about Online Text Books.
The ‘RAITA MITRA’ portal of Karnataka government provides tips, information and bulletins on a daily basis to farmers for better cultivation.
Access to information is provided free of cost through the 745 RAITA MITRA centers across the State.
Visit http://raitamitra.kar.nic.in for more information about Raita Mitra.
CASCET - 2003
For Education Department
‘CASCET-2003’, is a software which facilitates the admission process of Professional Colleges for Medical and Engineering disciplines. The project is successfully running for the tenth consecutive year. The success of CET has also led to counseling and admission for other degree courses like Diploma Engineering, Nursing, Ayurvedic, Unani and Homeopathic. The automation has enabled transparency in rank generation and seat allocation.
- Computerized evaluation of answer sheets
- Announcement of merit list and allotment of seats on Matrix Display boards.
- Automated audit trail for back-end transaction
- Bio-Metrics (FIT) authentication for access
- Web enabled registration for entrance examination
- Comparison statement as per key values and real answers
- Performance comparison between the qualifying exam and CASCET
Visit http://cet.kar.nic.in for more information about CASCET.
e-archive’ is a web enabled catalogue software, it features powerful search engine inclusive of PHONETIC search for over 5 lakh documents. The software has been implemented by the department of Archives, to provide an access to its veritable storehouse of valuable documents dating back to 17th century.
This website provides full information on Kannada & Culture, State Archive, Karnataka Gazetteer, Archaeology & Museums, Heritage, and Right to Information Act etc in both English and Kannada language.
Visit http://kannadasiri.kar.nic.in for more information about e-archive.