Digital Learning Resources
This topic provides information on available digital learning resources.
Digital resources available as part of various MHRD supported programmes
- NPTEL provides E-learning through online Web and Video courses in Engineering, Science and humanities streams. The mission of NPTEL is to enhance the quality of Engineering education in the country by providing free online courseware. NPTEL is an acronym for National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning which is an initiative by seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc) for creating course contents in engineering and science.
- Virtual Labs - objective is to provide remote-access to Labs in various disciplines of Science and Engineering. These Virtual Labs would cater to students at the undergraduate level, post graduate level as well as to research scholars.
- Spoken Tutorial - An initiative of the ‘Talk to a Teacher’ activity of the National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology (ICT), launched by the Ministry of Human Resources and Development, Government of India. On this site, one can find a variety of spoken tutorials that will help you to learn and use open source software.
- The Consortium for Educational Communication - Popularly known as CEC is one of the Inter University Centres set up by the University Grants Commission of India. It has been established with the goal of addressing the needs of Higher Education through the use of powerful medium of Television along with the appropriate use of emerging Information Communication Technology (ICT).
- e-Yantra - An initiative to incorporate Robotics into engineering education with the objective of engaging students and teachers through exciting hands-on application of math, computer science, and engineering principles
- e-ShodhSindhu - Consortium for Higher Education Electronic Resources - Provides access to e-resources to Universities, Colleges and Centrally Funded Technical Institutions in India.
- FOSSEE (Free and Open Software in Education) - A project promotes the use of FOSS tools to improve the quality of education in our country. It aims to reduce dependency on proprietary software in educational institutions.
Other learning Resources
- LILA Hindi Pravah - Learn Indian Languages through Artificial Intelligence(LILA)-Hindi Pravah is a web & mobile based Intelligent self-tutoring system for Hindi specially designed for general people who are interested to learn Hindi. To learn Hindi Pravah, users can choose from the medium languages (for
instructions) from English, Assamese, Bodo, Bangla, Gujarati, Kannada, Kashmiri, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepalese, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil and Telugu.
- Magnets: How do they work? We know that magnetism involves the electromagnetic fields around the magnets, that make attraction and repulsion happen. But is that all to it?
This learning resource takes a closer look at the mysteries of a seemingly commonplace substance.
- Eclipse always puzzles everyone. The animals and birds show different behaviour at the time of solar or lunar eclipse. We find more tidal effects at the time of eclipse. So what is this eclipse? This learning resource talks about not only solar and lunar eclipse, but Earth Eclipse too.
- Khan Academy
The course contents are delivered through best teachers in their respective fields. The lessons help you visualize the problems in the areas of mathematics and science. These learnings can be applied to solve challenges of everyday life. Visit the link to know more.
- CS Unplugged
CS Unplugged is a collection of free learning activities that teach Computer Science through engaging games and puzzles that use cards, string, crayons and lots of running around. CS Unplugged is suitable for people of all ages, from elementary school to seniors, and from many countries and backgrounds. Unplugged has been used around the world for over twenty years, in classrooms, science centers, homes, and even for holiday events in a park!
This is one of the largest website databases for University open courseware. Like EdX, these courses are at a set time (usually lasting for 10-14 weeks). You can access classes from 16 different Universities’ including Princeton, Duke, Stanford, and CalTech. With over 1,000,000 users, Coursera has established itself as the central “go-to” website for free online University learning.
Udemy is an online institution that offers courses taught by leading experts. You can choose from classes on developing products for Facebook, SQL databases, Photoshop, Music Theory, Business, and many others. Udemy also allows everyday experts to create their own class, so you will have to be selective about the courses you want to take as anyone can create a course. There is a bio about each instructor, along with an Amazon-like review area for users to rate the course and give their opinions about the class work.
This website offers an array of courses from different universities. The main difference between EdX and other online courses is that the class is a specific length and duration. When you sign up, you are committing to the class time and assignments. You can register for classes offered by Harvard, MIT, Berkeley, and other prestigious schools. If you are looking for a class you can do on your own time, this isn’t the website for you. The classes here are similar to paid online learning classes.
- LEARNING SPACE:THE OPEN UNIVERSITY
This website offers downloadable coursework in lots of different categories like youth and children, languages, business, engineering, and others. When you look through the coursework, you can view them according to rating. Other users can rate the class, which may help you in deciding what course to take.
- Vidya Online
Realising that teachers, researchers and general public are the three most important instruments of change in education, Vidya Online aims at building up comprehensive sections to cater to their requirements and to network them for mutual help and support. The object is to nurture a cooperative effort of teachers, teacher educators, academics and concerned individuals and groups. The site offers curricular support materials, books in digital form, help and discussion forums, e-courses and guidance to conduct classroom research.
Source : Portal Content Team