National Sports Talent Search Scheme
This topic covers about the National Sports Talent Search Scheme.
The National Sports Talent Search Scheme (NSTSS) has been formulated for talent identification in the age group of 8-12 years and nurturing of identified talented sports persons. The scheme is being implemented by Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Government of India.
Outcomes and Progress
- Identification of sporting talent among students in the age group of 8–12 years (for admission in Class IV to Class VI) who possess inborn qualities such as anthropometric, physical and physiological capabilities without any anatomical infirmities.
- Nurturing of the Sporting Potential / talent in District level Sports schools / Central Sports Schools / National Sports Academies etc., to make them excel at the National and international sports competitions. This will help broaden the pool of Sportspersons in the Country.
Benefits that have accrued or will accrue
Identification of talented sportspersons in the age group of 8 – 12 years in schools all over the country through a battery of tests and nurturing of identified talented sportspersons in sports schools will help broaden the pool of sportspersons in the country. The Scheme will facilitate development of Indian sports, particularly rural sports. Any success in National/International sports events will bring honour to the country as well as to the respective States which the sportspersons represents.
Scheme Coverage and Duration
The scheme envisages to cover all schools in different States / UTs throughout the country (both rural and urban) for a period of five years from 2015-16 to 2019-20.
To get the complete details of the scheme, click here.
Source : Ministry of Youth affairs and Sports
National Talent Search Portal
The Ministry of Youth Affairs and sports has launched Sports Talent Search Portal to spot the best talent from among the young population of the country. All interested citizens can apply online using the portal for various schemes of the Sports Authority of India (SAI). Eligible youth will be called for selection trials. The admission to the schemes will be subject to fulfilment of the eligibility criteria and battery of test as well as skill tests.
- Step 1 - Register on the site. You can register for your ward, if s/he is a minor.
- Step 2 - Create a profile. This is a very important step. Every year several people apply to various schemes. In order to get shortlisted provide as much information as you can specially if you have been a sport person and participated in competitions before.
- Step 3 - Apply for a scheme. Once you have created your profile you can apply to any eligible scheme of SAI
Source : Sports Talent Search Portal