National Child Award
This topic provides information about National Child Award.
Encourage children who had shown exceptional achievement in any field including academics, arts, culture and sports etc
Nature of Awards
The two categories covered under the National Children Awards are as follows.
- National Child Award - These awards are to be given as recognition to children with exceptional abilities and outstanding achievement in the fields of innovation, scholastic achievements, sports, arts & culture, social service and bravery which deserves recognition. Each awardee will be given a medal, a cash prize of Rs. 1,00,000/-, book vouchers worth Rs. 10,000/-, a certificate and citation.
- National Child Welfare Award
- Individual - These Awards are given as recognition to individuals who have made an outstanding contribution towards service for children in the field of Child Development, Child Protection and Child Welfare for not less than 7 years and have a positive impact on the lives of children. The number of awards would be 3 (three). The award consists of a cash prize of Rs. 1, 00,000/ - (one lakh), a citation and a certificate to each awardee.
- Institution - These awards are given to institutions who have done exceptional work for the cause of children in any field of child welfare. The number of a wards would be 3(three). The award for institution consists of a prize of Rs. 5,00,000/ - each and a citation and a certificate.
National Child Award
- Children between the age of 5 to 18 years who have shown an exceptional in any field including academics, arts, culture and sports etc. are eligible for this award.
- Excellence in any one of the following fields(Achievements that benefit society will be encouraged) :
- Innovation : Innovation in the field of science and social science may be considered. The initiative taken to impact the human lives as well as ecology and environment in a positive manner may be considered.
- Social Service : Leadership skills in motivating and mobilizing society against social evils like child marriage, sexual abuse, alcoholism etc should be encouraged.
- Scholastic : Consistent achievements at National and International level to be encouraged.
- Sports : Consistent achievements at National and International levels to be encouraged.
- Art & Culture : Consistent achievements at National and International level in art, music(vocal & instrumental), dance, painting or any other form of art/culture.
- Bravery : To acknowledge and encourage:
- Selfless service in the face of risk to her/his own life;
- And/or an act of outstanding courage and daring against an adverse natural or man made situations.
- And/or an exceptional act of mental strength, quick wit and presence of mind in the face of grave danger to self and society
National Child Welfare Award
- An individual who is an Indian Citizen and residing in India and should have attained the age of 18 years or above(as on 31st August of respective year).
- An individual should have made outstanding contribution in any of the following fields:
- Child Welfare
- Child Protection
- Child Development
- The institution should not be entirely funded by the government.
- The institution should have been in the field of child welfare for 10 years and should have been performing consistently in the field. Contribution should have positively impacted the lives of the children.
How to apply
Procedure for sending nominations
- Open nominations from public will be received only through a website - www.nca-wcd.nic.in. Applications received other than online mode will not be entertained.
- The webportal to accept nominations round the year, while limiting consideration upto 31 August of the respective year, for awards to be given in the month of January, next year. Applications received after due date will be considered for the awards in the next year.
- Any citizen can recommend a child having exceptional achievement through the online portal.
- Applications received by the due date will be sent to the State/UT and District Collector/District Magistrate, other government/appropriate agencies/organisations for verification of the content and achievements by 15th October.
- Thereafter, the applications will be shortlisted based on the eligibility criteria.
A National Selection Committee out of the cases recommended by various bodies will make the selection
The National Selection Committee will consist of the following persons:
|Minister and/or MoS, Ministry of Women and Child Development||Chairperson|
|Additional Secretary, WCD||Member|
|Secretary or her/ his representative in the Department of School Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development , Ministry of Youth Affairs , Ministry of Culture, Ministry of Science and Technology, Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Home Affairs
|Subject expert in each field and child psychologist, sociologists, police /paramilitary/defence personnel /disability expert etc||Member|
|Joint Secretary (CW), M/O WCD||Member Secretary|
For complete guidelines, Click here
Source : Ministry of WCD