Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child For PG Programs
This topic provides information about Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child For PG Programs
The objectives of the proposed scheme are
- To support post graduate education of single girl child in non-professional courses only.
- To recognize the value of observance of small family norm
- Any single girl child who happen to be a only child or twin daughter or fraternal daughter in the family, if one son and one daughter is available then girl child will not be considered for scholarship under the scheme.
- The scheme is applicable to such a single girl child who has taken admission in regular, full-time 1st year Master’s Degree course in any recognized university or a post graduate college.
- This scholarship is available to PG-I year student only.
- Admission to PG Course in distance education mode is not covered under the scheme.
Age: Girl students up to the age of 30 years at the time of admission in PG courses are eligible.
Amount of Fellowship
The financial assistance available under the scheme is as follows
Source: University Grants Commission