Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)
This topic provides information about Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)
The aim of the program is to identify and encourage talented students with aptitude for research and encourage students of Basic Sciences, Engineering and Medicine to take up research careers in these areas.
|Basic Sciences||Monthly Fellowship||Annual Contingency Grant|
|SA/SX/SB - during 1st to 3rd years of - B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math. / Integrated M.Sc. /M.S.||Rs. 5000||Rs. 20000|
|SA/SX/SB - during M. Sc. / 4th to 5th years of Integrated M.Sc. /M.S.||Rs. 7000||Rs. 28000|
To pursue studies in class 11 and further (continuing up till pre-Ph.D. level, including courses B.Sc./Integrated M.Sc. and first/second year of B.E./ B.tech/ B.Arch./MBBS).
Selection ProcedureBasic Sciences (SA, SX and SB):
- Aptitude test (written; multiple choice questions)
- Interview (For selected candidates)
- A project report (chosen and executed by the candidate exclusively for this application) supervised by a teacher/professional in the relevant field
- Interview of selected candidates
EligibilityStream SA (Basic Sciences):
- Students enrolled in class 11(science stream) with a score of 75% marks in aggregate in mathematics and science subjects in class 10th board examination.
- Students enrolled in class 12th and aspiring to join undergraduate program in basic sciences (B.Sc/Integrated M.Sc) for the next session and having 75% marks in aggregate in mathematics and science subjects in class 10th board examination.
- Students pursuing studies in class 11,12th or any undergraduate course of study (first or second year) in basic sciences and having a score of 60% marks in aggregate in class 10th and 12th board examinations respectively.
- 10% relaxation in eligibility marks for SC/ST category candidates.
- Annual renewal of fellowships is subject to the candidate's scoring 60%/first class marks in aggregate and satisfactory performance in summer programs.
Continuation of fellowship
Annual renewal of fellowships will depend on maintaining a good academic performance (I Class or 60% marks in aggregate) in each academic year in the chosen stream and satisfactory performance in the Summer Programs. Note that KVPY Fellows who opt out of the chosen stream (Basic Science or Medicine) at any stage will forfeit the Fellowship and Contingency Grant with immediate effect. The fellowship for the students selected under the stream SA will be continued after the 12thstandard (+2) only if they pursue an undergraduate course in Basic Science (B.Sc. /B.S. /Int. M.Sc.)
Source: For complete information on Scheme of Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana, Click here