Provides information about various knowledge resources related to Education in India provided by government agencies.
Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA): Provides information about the Government of India's flagship programme for achievement of Universalization of Elementary Education (UEE).
Education for All National Report : Includes strategy and goals of India’s EFA program and provides context to India’s current education scenario.
Department of Education, Government of India: Contains information about the status of education in the states and includes national policy documents as well as statistical data.
National University of Educational Planning and Administration (NUEPA) - established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, is a premier organization dealing with capacity building and research in planning and management of education.
National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) is an autonomous organization set up in 1961 by the Government of India to assist and advise the Central and State Governments on policies and programmes for qualitative improvement in school education. Major objectives of the NCERT and its constituent units are to:
- Undertake, aid, promote and coordinate research in areas related to school education;
- Prepare and publish model textbooks, supplementary material, newsletters, journals and other related literature;
- Organize pre-service and in-service training of teachers;
- Develop and disseminate innovative educational techniques and practices;
- Collaborate and network with state educational departments, universities, NGOs and other educational institutions;
- Act as a clearing house for ideas and information in matters related to school education; and
- Act as a nodal agency for achieving goals of universalisation of elementary education.
The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) formerly known as National Open School (NOS) was established in November,1989 as an autonomous organisation in pursuance of National Policy on Education 1986 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. NIOS is providing a number of Vocational, Life Enrichment and community oriented courses besides General and Academic Courses at Secondary and Senior Secondary level. It also offers Elementary level Courses through its Open Basic Education Programmes (OBE).Government of India through a gazette notification vested NIOS with the authority to examine and certify learners registered with it upto pre degree level courses whether Academic, Technical or Vocational.
Source : Vikaspedia Team