Educational programmes on energy and environment
This section contains information regarding various educational programmes related to energy.
Educational institutions that offer programmes on energy in India
- TERI University
- Pondicherry University
- IIT, Delhi
- IIT, Mumbai
- IIT Roorkee
- NIT, Tiruchirapalli
- Jadavpur University
- Jain University
Institutions offering energy related programmes through distance education mode
UN CC:Learn Introductory e-Course on Climate Change
The e-course, which is available for free, is self-paced and composed of the following six modules, each one taking approximately two hours to complete:
- Climate Change Science
- International Legal and Policy Framework for Climate Change
- Climate Change Adaptation
- Climate Change Mitigation and Low Carbon Development
- Climate Change Finance
- Planning for Climate Change
To know more, visit UN Introductory course on Climate Change
Trainings offered by National Power Training Institute
National Power Training Institute (NPTI), an ISO 9001 ISO 14001 organization, is a National Apex body for Training and Human Resources Development in Power Sector with its Corporate Office at Faridabad. NPTI operates on an all India basis through its Units in different power zones of the country located at Faridabad, Neyveli (1965), Durgapur (1968), Badarpur, New Delhi (1974), Nagpur (1975), Bangalore, Guwahati, Nangal, Centre for Advanced Management.
National Power Training Institute offers courses like MBA-Power Management, PG Diploma in Hydro/Thermal Power Generation, etc. NPTI is the only institute of its kind in the world with such a wide geographical spread and covering such wide gamut of academic and training programmes in Power Sector.
For more information, visit www.npti.gov.in .
Educational programmes related to Environment
- M.Tech. Programme on Conservation of Rivers & Lakes Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee has been offering a 2-year M.Tech. Programme on 'Environmental Management of Rivers & Lakes' sponsored by this Ministry from academic year 2004-05. Admission in this programme is open for in-service/sponsored candidates from State and Central agencies as well as GATE qualified fresh candidates. For more information, visit http://www.iitr.ac.in/academics/pages/Postgraduate_PG_Programmes.html
Source: Portal content team