The basics of energy such as sources of energy, forms of energy, units of power and energy and present use of energy is explained.
- Sources of Energy
- Energy is derived from various sources. The various renewable and non-renewable energy sources, its uses, advantages and disadvantages are briefed here.
- Forms of Energy
- Various forms of energy such as light, heat, sound, electrical, nuclear, chemical, etc are briefly explained.
- Common Units of energy
- The common units of energy and power that we use in daily life are listed.
- Energy and its present use
- Energy use in India with respect to the sources of energy, usage pattern, rural-urban divide in energy consumption are highlighted.
- Nuclear Fission
- This topic explains the process of Nuclear Fission.
- Ethanol as Fuel
- This topic covers about use of ethanol as a fuel.
- Hydrogen Energy
- This topic provides information related to the basics of hydrogen as a fuel and its applications.