This page covers about tips to Animal Welfare
Animal Welfare!! Our Indian heritage has given us Ahimsa or non violence as a way of life. Our tradition tells us to respect every existing form of life and thereby gives us a tremendous responsibility of looking after the plants and animals that surround us.
A few tips on how you can care for animals
- Be kind to animals. Do not throw stones or beat them.
- Stop friends from being cruel to animals. Do not allow children to tie a thread to the tails of animals.
- If you have pets, feed them well and give them a proper and in an emergency proper medical care.
- When you visit the zoo, learn about the animals that are found there but do not tease or hurt them through the bars of their cage.
- Do not visit or encourage the circus. Wild animals should live in the forest. Besides, a lot of cruelty is involved in the training of animals to perform tricks.
- Avoid use of articles like leather hand bags and lipsticks which are made from animal products.
- Avoid non-vegetarian food.
- Do not disturb or destroy the natural of any animal.
- If you see an injured animal lying on the road immediately contact the local SPCA or any other animal welfare organisation.