Unnat Chulha Abhiyan
This topic provides information about the Improved biomass cookstove programme titled Unnat Chulha Abhiyan.
Unnat Chulah Abhiyan (UCA) is a programme of the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Government of India. The programme is to be implemented during 2013 - 2014 and balance period of the 12 th Plan.
- To develop and deploy improved biomass cook - stoves for providing cleaner cooking energy solutions in rural, semi - urban and urban areas using biomass as fuel for cooking.
- To mitigate drudgery of women and children using traditional chulha for cooking.
- To mitigate climate change by reducing the black carbon and other emissions resulting from burning biomass for cooking.
- To support R&D activities on development of efficient and cost effective designs of biomass cook-stoves with reduced emissions.
- To provide support for Test Centres for carrying out performance testing of biomass cook-stoves as per BIS.
- Development of revised test protocols and standards.
- To take up a series of projects using existing commercially available and better chulhas and different grades of process biomass fuel with ultimate aim exploring a range of technologies deployment biomass processing and delivery model s leveraging public-private partnerships.
- To support awareness and marketing campaigns and creating enabling environment for mass production of processed biomass fuel, network of dealers, entrepreneurs training and supply chain mechanism.
- Supporting training to manpower facilitating operation and maintenance networks at local level thus generating opportunities for employment.
- Taking up dissemination programme on family type and large size Unnat Chulhas/cook-stoves for cooking applications.
- Awareness for use of biomass cookstove in target groups.
- Kitchens of Mid-day Meal (MDM) scheme, Aangwadis, Forest Rest Houses, Tribal Hostels and small business establishments (road side dhabas, small hotels and restaurants and a variety of cottage industries like textile dyeing, drying of spices etc.) to be supplied with improved biomass cook-stoves unnat chulhas complying with improved standards.
- Individual households in rural areas who use biomass for cooking purposes.
A target of 2.75 million improved cookstoves/chulhas will be disseminated/installed in the remaining period of the 12th Plan Period.
An expenditure of Rs. 294.00 crore is expected to be incurred under the Unnat Chulla Abhiyan (UCA) during 2013-14 and rest of the 12th Five Year Plan. Funds to the tune of Rs 4.50 crore have been earmarked for expenditure during 2013 -14.
Central Financial Assistance for Natural Draft Cookstoves (including earthen chulhas with metal combustion chambers)
- Upto 50% of cost of cook-stoves with maximum ceiling of Rs.400 for natural draft (including earthen chulhas with metal combustion chambers) and Rs.800 for forced draft-average support taken at Rs.600/- per cookstove for the years 2013- 14 and 2014-15
- Upto 40% of cost of cookstoves with maximum ceiling of Rs.300 for natural draft cookstoves (including earthen chulhas with metal combustion chambers) and Rs.600 for forced draft cookstoves, average support taken Rs.450 for the years 2015-16 and 2016-17.
- The masons doing the construction of earthen chulhas will be provided construction fee @10% per chulha which will added the overall cost of the earthen chulha. The NGO/CSO doing the construction will pass on this charge to the mason and keep accounts.
Approved Models of Cook-stoves
There are a total of 15 nos. of cookstoves approved by MNRE on the basis of their performance testing conducted by Improved Cook-stove Test Centres and satisfying stipulated performance parameters. The approved cookstove models supplied by respective manufacturers are given below.
|Sl.No.||Address of manufacturers||Models||Power Output|
|I. Natural Draft Cookstoves – Domestic Size|
|1||M/S UNICUS ENGINEERING PRIVATE LIMITED Regd. office ; 23, Madhusudan Nagar Unit - IV, Bhubaneswar, Pin : - 751001. Factory Office : 178/5535, Chakeisihani, Mancheswar, Bhubaneswar, PIN : - 751010||Harsha (Fuel - Wood) (CSIR,IMMT Design)||1.83kW|
|2||Shri Vikram S. Kale,Proprietor Vikram Stoves & Fabricators, A - 37, MIDC, P O Box No.25 Osmanabad - 413501, Maharashtra||Bio - classic(Fuel - Wood)||1.49 kW|
|3||Ms. Neha Juneja, Co - founder, Greenway Grameen Infra Pvt Ltd, 301, Chawla Complex, Sector 15, CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai 400614||Greenway Smart Cook Stove (Fuel - Wood)||0.8 kW|
|4||M/s Ravi Engineering &Chemical Works Sector - 24, Pocket - 28, Plot No.55, 3 rd Floor, Rohini, New Delhi - 110085||Firenzel(Fuel - Wood)||0.74kW|
|5||Adarsh Plant Protect Ltd, 604, GIDC, Vitthal Udyognar, Anand, Gujarat.Contact Details: Mr Sreekanth, Director Pooja Horti & Herbal Farms (P) Ltd. A - 102, Anee Circle, Ganesh Chowkdi, ANAND - 388001, Gujarat||Adarsh (Nirmal) (Fuel - Wood)||0.89 kW|
|6||Shri T. Pradeep, Chief Executive i Square D Charitable Trust No. 15, 1st Main, 2 nd Cross, RMV 2 nd Stage, Dollar’s Colony,Bangalore - 560094||Chulika (Fuel - Wood)||0.74 kw|
|II. Forced Draft Cookstoves – Domestic Size|
|1||Shri Mahesh Yagnaraman, Managing Director, First Energy Pvt. Ltd., B 101, Signet Corner Building, Baner Road, Baner, Pune – 411045||Oorja(Fuel - Pellets) – IISc – Design||0.7 kW|
|2||The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), 6C, Darbari Seth Block India Habitat Place, Lodh iRoad New Delhi - 110 003 Manufacturer Address: Phoenix Udyog Pvt Ltd, Nahan Road, Moginand, Kala - Amb, District: Sirmour, Himachal Pradesh - 173030||TERI SPT - 0610(Fuel - Wood)||1.08kW|
|3||Shri Ashwin Patel, Director Alpha Renewable Energy Pvt. Ltd. At. & Po. Vasna (Borsad), Ta. Borsad, Dist. Anand, Gujarat, India - 388 540||Ecochulha – XXL (Fuel - Wood)||1.10kW|
|4||Shri Saurabh Sagar Jaiswal M/S Navdurga Metal Industries (Bharat), registered office 8/8/158, Sagar Building, Fatehganj, Faizabad, Uttar Pradesh. Works: D – 33 Mumtaz Nagar, UPSIDC Site - 2, Industrial, Area, Faizabad - 224001, UP.||Agni Star(Fuel - Rice Husk)||2.16 kW|
|5||Shri Sashidhara B T, Proprietor Sacks Right Energy Innovations No.83/84, Kempegowda Circle 14 th A Cross, Thigalarapalya Main Road, Peenya 2nd Stage, Bangalore - 560 058||Ojas(Fuel - Pellets)||1.99 kW|
|6||Shri Rajiv Dandekar Ram Tara Engineering Company PT Compound, Mondha Naka Signal, Jalna Road, Aurangabad - 431001, Maharashtra||RAMTARA (Fuel - Pellets)||1.0 kW|
|III. Forced Draft - Community Size|
|1||Shri Ashwin Patel, Director Alpha Renewable Energy Pvt. Ltd. At. & Po. Vasna (Borsad), Ta. Borsad, Dist. Anand, Gujarat, India - 388 540||Ecochulha – XXXL (Fuel - Wood)||3.32 kW|
|2||Shri Sashidhara B T, Proprietor Sacks Right Energy Innovations No.83/84, Kempegowda Circle 14th A Cross, Thigalarapalya Main Road, Peenya 2nd Stage, Bangalore - 560 058||Ojas - M06 (Fuel - Pellets)||5.43kW|
|3||Shri Sashidhara B T, Proprietor Sacks Right Energy Innovations No.83/84, Kempegowda Circle 14th A Cross, Thigalarapalya Main Road, Peenya 2nd Stage, Bangalore - 560 058||Ojas – M09 (Fuel - Pellets)||6.39kW|