This page contains information about Tamil Nadu state policies and schemes.
Tamil Nadu Solar Energy Policy 2012
This policy will be known as the "Tamil Nadu Solar Energy Policy - 2012". The Government of Tamil Nadu will undertake a review of this Policy as and when required in view of any technological breakthrough or any changes taking place in the policy at the National level.
- To achieve energy security.
- To reduce carbon emissions.
- To project Tamil Nadu as a Solar Hub.
- To generate 3000 MW of Solar Energy by 2015.
- To achieve grid parity by 2015.
- To encourage indigenous solar manufacturing facilities in the State.
- To promote Research and Development in the solar energy sector and hybrid systems.
- To create skilled man power and employment in a new industry.
For more information on Tamil Nadu Solar Energy Policy