Intellectual Disability related schemes
Various Acts and schemes related to Intellectually disabled persons are covered here
Acts and Rights
National Trust Schemes
- DISHA - Early Intervention and School Readiness Scheme - This is an early intervention and school readiness scheme for children upto 10 years with the disabilities covered under the National Trust Act.
- VIKAAS - Day Care - A day care scheme for persons with autism, cerebral palsy, mental retardation and multiple disabilities, above 10 years for enhancing interpersonal and vocational skills.
- SAMARTH - Respite Care - TA scheme to provide respite home for orphans, families in crisis, Persons with Disabilities (PwD) from BPL, LIG families with at least one of the four disabilities covered under the National Trust Act.
- GHARAUNDA - Group Home for Adults - This scheme provides housing and care services throughout the life of the person with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation and Multiple Disabilities.
- NIRAMAYA - Health Insurance Scheme - This scheme is to provide affordable Health Insurance to persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation and Multiple Disabilities.
- SAHYOGI - Caregiver training scheme - A scheme to set up Caregiver Cells (CGCs) for training and creating skilled workforce of caregivers to care for Person with Disabilities (PwD) and their families.
- GYAN PRABHA - Educational support - A scheme to encourage people with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation and Multiple Disabilities for pursuing educational/ vocational courses.
- PRERNA - Marketing Assistance - A marketing scheme to create viable & wide spread channels for sale of products and services produced by persons with autism, cerebral palsy, mental retardation and multiple disabilities.
- SAMBHAV - Aids and Assistive Devices - This is a scheme to setup additional resource centres in each city, to collate and collect the Aids, software and other form of assistive devices.
Scheme of Assistance to Disabled Persons for Purchase/Fitting of Aids/Appliances (ADIP Scheme)
The main objective of the Scheme is to assist the needy disabled persons in procuring durable, sophisticated and scientifically manufactured, modern, standard aids and appliances to promote physical, social, psychological rehabilitation of Persons with Disabilities by reducing the effects of disabilities and at the same time enhance their economic potential. To know more, click here
The ‘National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation’ has been incorporated by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India on 24th January, 1997 under section 25 of the companies Act. 1956 as a company not for profit. It is wholly owned by Government of India and has an authorised share capital of Rs.400 crores (Rupees Four Hundred crores only). To know more about the schemes, click here