Swachh Iconic Places
This topic provides information about Swachh Iconic Places initiative.
The Swachh Iconic Places is an initiative under the Swachh Bharat Mission. It is a special clean-up initiative focused on select iconic heritage, spiritual and cultural places in the country. The initiative is being coordinated by the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation in association with the Ministry of Urban Development, Ministry of Culture, Ministry of Tourism and the concerned State governments.
Phase I coverage of iconic places
Under Phase 1 of this initiative, the following iconic places are being covered for an intensive clean up.
- Vaishno Devi, Jammu and Kashmir
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Maharashtra
- Taj Mahal, Uttar Pradesh
- Tirupati Temple, Andhra Pradesh
- Golden Temple, Punjab
- Manikarnika Ghat, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- Ajmer Sharif Dargah, Rajasthan
- Meenakshi Temple, Tamil Nadu
- Kamakhya Temple, Assam
- Jagannath Puri, Odisha
Phase II coverage of iconic places
The Phase II of Swachh Iconic Places initiative is to cover the following.
- Mahakaleshwar Temple, Ujjain
- Char Minar, Hyderabad
- Church and Convent of St. Francis of Assissi, Goa
- Adi Shankaracharya’s abode Kaladi in Ernakulam
- Gomateshwar in Shravanbelgola
- Baijnath Dham, Devghar
- Gaya Tirth in Bihar
- Somnath temple in Gujarat.
Source : PIB