Mobile Aided Note Identifier
This topic provides information about Mobile Aided Note Identifier of RBI
Mobile Aided Note Identifier (MANI) is a mobile application for aiding visually impaired persons to identify the denomination of Indian Banknotes. It has been developed by Reserve Bank of India.
Features of the app
Indian banknotes contain several features which enable the visually impaired (colour blind, partially sighted and blind people) to identify them, viz., intaglio printing and tactile mark, variable banknote size, large numerals, variable colour, monochromatic hues and patterns. Technological progress has opened up new opportunities for making Indian banknotes more accessible for the visually impaired, thereby facilitating their day to day transactions.
MANI has with the following features:
- Capable of identifying the denominations of Mahatma Gandhi Series and Mahatma Gandhi (New) series banknote by checking front or reverse side/part of the note including half folded notes at various holding angles and broad range of light conditions (normal light/day light/low light/ etc.).
- Ability to identify the denomination through audio notification in Hindi/English and non-sonic mode such as vibration (suitable for those with vision and hearing impairment).
- After installation, the mobile application does not require internet and works in offline mode.
- Ability to navigate the mobile application via voice controls for accessing the application features wherever the underlying device & operating system combination supports voice enabled controls.
- This mobile application does not authenticate a note as being either genuine or counterfeit.
How to access
The application is free and can be downloaded from the Android Play Store and iOS App Store without any charges/payment.
To download the app for Android, click here.
To download the app for iOS, click here.
Source : Reserve Bank of India