Unique Disability ID
This topic provides information related to Unique Disability ID.
"Unique ID for Persons with Disabilities” project is an initiative of Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Government of India. It aims at building a holistic end-to-end integrated system for Issuance of Universal ID & Disability Certificates for Person with Disabilities with their identification and disability details.
The UDID project is being implemented with a view of creating a National Database for PwDs, and to issue a Unique Disability Identity Card (UDID) to each person with disabilities.
It includes -
- Online availability of data of Person with Disabilities across country through a centralized web application
- Online filing and submission of registration application form for disability certificate/ Universal ID card; Offline applications may also be accepted and subsequently digitized by agencies
- Quick Assessment process for calculating the percentage of disability by the hospitals/ Medical Board
- Non-duplication of PwDs data
- Online renewal and update of information by Person with Disabilities/ on their behalf
- MIS reporting framework
- Effective management including interoperability of the benefits / schemes launched by the Government for PwD
- To take care of additional disabilities in future. Number of disabilities at the moment isseven and shall be subject to increase as per the new Act/ notification which can be up to 19 or more.
Benefits of UDID
The UDID card shall bring a host of benefits to the Persons with Disabilities as given below:
- Persons with disabilities will not need to make multiple copies of documents, maintain, and carry multiple documents as the card will capture all the necessary details which can be decoded with the help of a reader
- The UDID card will be the single document of identification, verification of the disabled for availing various benefits in future
- The UDID Card will also help in stream-lining the tracking of the physical and financial progress of beneficiary at all levels of hierarchy of implementation – from village level, block level, District level , State level and National level.
Who can apply?
As per the Persons with Disabilities act 1995 only given disabilities type can apply for UDID Card.
List of Disabilities:
- Blindness: “Blindness” refers to a condition where a person suffers from any of the following conditions namely:-
- Total absence of sight; or
- Visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (Snellen) in the better eye with correcting lenses; or
- Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degree or worse;
- Cerebral Palsy: “Cerebral Palsy” means a group of non-progressive conditions of a person characterized by abnormal motor control posture resulting from brain insult or injuries occurring in the pre-natal, peri-natal or infant period of development;
- Low vision: ”Low Vision” means a person with impairment of visual functioning even after treatment of standard refractive correction but who uses or is potentially capable of using vision for the planning or execution of a task with appropriate assistive device;
- Locomotor Disability: “Locomotor disability” means disability of the bones, joints or muscles leading to substantial restriction of the movement of the limbs or nay form of cerebral palsy;
- Leprosy-cured: “Leprosy-cured person” means person who has been cured of leprosy but is suffering from-
- Loss of sensation in hands or feet as well as loss of sensation and paresis in the eye and eye-lid but with no manifest deformity;
- Manifest deformity and paresis but having sufficient mobility in their hands and feet to enable them to engage in normal economic activity;
- Extreme physical deformity as well as advanced age which prevents him from undertaking ang gainful occupation, and the expression ‘Leprosy Cured” shall be construed accordingly;
- Mental Retardation: “Mental retardation” means a conditions of arrested or incomplete development of mind of a person which is specially characterized by sub normality of intelligence;
- Mental Illness: “Mental illness” means any mental disorder other than Mental retardation
- Hearing Impairment: “Hearing Impairment” means loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies
How to apply?
For Fresh Cases:
Click Apply online, fill online application, attach scanned copy of required documents.
- Person with Disability already having Disability Certificate ( Whose data have been migrated in UDID Portal) : All PwDs who have been issued Disability Certificate visit http://www.swavlambancard.gov.in/pwd/searchapplication. To get your details search by Beneficiary ID/State ID or Aadhaar Number (if linked). On receipt of your details, fill up the application and submit.
- Person with Disability already having Disability Certificate (Whose data have not been migrated in UDID Portal): Click Apply online, fill up application as fresh and select option “Have Disability Certificate?: Yes” in Disability Details Tab . Fill up other details and submit application.
- Person with Disability not having Disability Certificate: Click Apply online, Choose option “Have Disability Certificate? No” in Disability Details Tab while filling up application and submit application.
Four types of details are required:
- Personal Details including Address
- Disability Details
- Employment Details
- Identity Details
To access the application form, click here.
Documents required with online application:
- Scanned copy of recent color photo.
- Scanned image of signature (Optional)
- Scanned copy of Address Proof (Aadhar/Driving License/State Domicile etc)
- Scanned copy of Identity Proof (Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License etc)
- Scanned copy of Disability Certificate (Only for those Persons with Disability who have been issued Disability Certificate by the competent Authority)
Track status of application
To track the application status, click here.
Download your e-Disability Card & e-UDID Card
To download e-Disability Card and e-UDID Card, click here. You need to login to access the facility.
Disability Certificate & UDID Card Renewal
To renew disability certification and UDID Card, click here.
Apply for Lost UDID Card
To apply for Lost UDID Card, click here.
Source : Unique Disability ID portal