Kumhar Sashaktikaran Yojana
This topic provides information about the Kumhar Sashaktikaran Yojana.
Kumbhar Sashaktikaran Program is an initiative of the Khadi and Village Industries Commission(KVIC) for empowerment of potters community in the remotest of locations in the country.
The program reaches out to the potters in : U.P., M.P., Maharashtra, J&K, Haryana, Rajasthan, West Bengal, Assam, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, Odisha, Telangana and Bihar.
This program provides the following support to potters.
- Training for advanced pottery products
- Latest, new technology pottery equipments like the electric Chaak
- Market linkages and visibility through KVIC exhibitions
Due to the supply of electric chaaks, the potters have reaped the following benefits.
- More production with less hours of work.
- Less noise and better health benefits
- Less power consumption with smooth transition to higher speeds
Whom to contact
KVIC and its training centres can be contacted to know more about the schemes.
To get the contact details of KVIC field officers, click here.
To get the contact details of KVIC Training and Research centres, click here.
Source : KVIC