National MSME Awards
This topic provides information about National MSME Awards.
Ministry of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises instituted the National MSME Awards in 1983 to felicitate the outstanding performers in the MSME sector in the areas of Entrepreneurship (Manufacturing & Services), Product Quality, Innovation, Exports and Lean Manufacturing Techniques. The awards are also conferred to the Department of the States / UTs Government, dealing with the MSME sector, for their outstanding efforts for the promotion & development of the MSMEs in their jurisdiction.
Periodicity & Eligibility
The MSMEs should have been in continuous manufacturing /services for last four years. The awards will be given for each year to deserving Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises which have Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum (UAM). MSMEs would also register in MSME Databank, web portal: www.msmedatabank.in before submission of their application. Registration at MSME Databank is mandatory for MSMEs even if they have earlier obtained UAM.
- All awards (except 3 awards to Outstanding Performance award to States/ UTs) will carry cash prize of Rs.1.00 lakh, a Certificate and a Trophy.
- 3 awards to States/ UTs for their Outstanding Performance will carry a certificate and a trophy
- The Winners of the National Award have the privilege of using the symbol of the Award in their respective letter heads and their employees can wear labels, pins, ties or other distinctive badges with Award symbol.
National MSME Awards Categories
- Product/ Process Innovation
- Innovation - Micro & Small (I,II and III Award)
- Innovation - Medium (I,II and III Award)
- Entrepreneurship - Micro (I,II, III Award and Special Award to best Handicapped ( Divyang) entrepreneur)
- Entrepreneurship- Small (I,II and III Award)
- Special award to best SC/ST entrepreneur
- Special award to best woman entrepreneur
- Special award to best NER entrepreneur
- Special award to best Handicapped ( Divyang) entrepreneur
- Entrepreneurship - Medium (I,II and III Award)
- Paints & Varnishes
- Rubber Molded Products
- Precision Machine Components
- Auto Components
- LED and LCD information Display System
- Electronic Smoke Detectors/ Fire Alarms/ Pollution Detectors and Monitors
- Confectionary Products
- Leather Hand Bags
- Readymade Garments
- Outstanding Export Performance in Micro Enterprises (Mfg) I and II Award
- Outstanding Export Performance in Small Enterprises(Mfg) I and II Award
- Best Exporter Woman Entrepreneur in Small Enterprises(Mfg)
- Best Exporter SC/ST Entrepreneur in Small Enterprises(Mfg)
- Best Exporter NER Entrepreneur in Small Enterprises(Mfg)
- Outstanding Export Performance in Medium Enterprises(Mfg)
- Outstanding Export Performance in Micro & Small Enterprises (Service)
- Outstanding Export Performance in Medium Enterprises (Service)
To get the complete guidelines, click here.
During February 2020, 46 awardees were conferred awards under various categories and 4 awards were given to different States and UTs for Outstanding Performance.
To get the list of awardees, click here.