This topic briefs about Jeevan Pramaan, a Digital Life Certificate for pensioners.
Jeevan Pramaan is a biometric enabled digital service for pensioners. Pensioners of Central Government, State Government or any other Government organization can take benefit of this facility. The scheme was launched on November 10, 2014. The beneficiaries of the scheme are over a crore retired employees of government and PSUs.
One of the major requisite for the pensioners post their retirement from service, is to provide life certificates to the authorized pension disbursing agencies like Banks, Post offices etc., following which their pension is credited to their account. In order to get this life certificate the individual drawing the pension is required to either personally present oneself before the Pension Disbursing Agency or have the Life Certificate issued by authority where they have served earlier and have it delivered to the disbursing agency.
Using Jeevan Pramaan, a pensioner can now digitally provide proof of his/her existence to authorities for continuity of pension every year instead of requiring to present himself/herself physically or through a Life Certificate issued by specified authorities.
How it works
Jeevan Pramaan uses the Aadhaar platform for biometric authentication of the pensioner. A successful authentication generates the Digital Life Certificate which gets stored in the Life Certificate Repository. The Pension Disbursing Agencies can access the certificate on-line.
The step-wise process is as follows
- Enrol Yourself : Download the PC/ Mobile application or alternatively visit the nearest Jeevan Pramaan Centre to get your self registered. Provide necessary information like Aadhaar number, Pension Payment Order No., Bank Account No., Bank Name and your Mobile number.
- Aadhaar Authentication : Provide your biometrics, either a finger print or Iris and authenticate your self. (Jeevan Pramaan uses the Aadhaar Platform for on-line biometric authentication )
- Life Certificate : After a successful authentication a SMS acknowledgement is sent to your mobile number including your Jeevan Pramaan Certificate ID. The certificates are stored in the Life Certificate Repository for making it available any time and any where for the pensioner and the Pension Disbursing Agency. Pensioner has to inform to the Bank that his Jeevan Pramaan has been generated through online registration from Jeevan Pramaan portal.
- Access your Certificate : You can download a PDF copy of the certificate from the Jeevan Pramaan website by providing the Jeevan Pramaan ID or Aadhaar number.
Registration for Jeevan Pramaan
There are three ways to register and get a Jeevan Pramaan.
- Visit your nearest Common Service Centre (CSC) centre and register online using CSC services and you may have to pay nominally for this. To locate a Jeevan Pramaan Centre, click here. You can also SMS : JPL to 7738299899 and get list of Jeevan Pramaan centre near your pincode
- Visit a Designated Office and register yourself.
- Download the application & install on your android based smart phone/tablet or Windows PC/Laptop and register yourself (The client software will require a biometric fingerprint/ iris scanner device). To download the application, click here. In case you require support please contact our help desk at email@example.com .
Source : Jeevan Pramaan website