Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra
This topic provides information related to Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra.
Vocational training needs to be made aspirational to transform India into the skill capital of the world. In line with the same, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) intends to establish visible and aspirational Model Training Centres (MTCs) in every district of the country. NSDC is the implementation agency for the project. These training centres will be state-of-the-art Model Training Centres, called as Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra ( PMKK ).
The model training centres envisage to:
- Create benchmark institutions that demonstrate aspirational value for competency-based skill development training.
- Focus on elements of quality, sustainability and Connection with stakeholders in skills delivery process.
- Transform from a Mandate-driven footloose model to a sustainable institutional model.
Loan assistance under the PMKK project shall only be sanctioned to any form of separate legal entity including but not limited to Company/ Society/Trust, as per the process and applicable laws and guidelines. Any entity which has been barred by the Central Government, any State Government, a statutory authority or a public sector undertaking, as the case may be, from participating in any project, and the bar subsists as on the date of the Proposal, would not be eligible to submit a Proposal either by itself or through its Associate.
NSDC will provide a concessional secured loan funding per centre, up to 75% of the project investment, to cover expenditure only related to:
- Training infrastructure including purchase of plant, machinery & equipment
- Training aid and other associated items
- Civil work including setting up prefabricated structures and retrofit existing structures
The sustainability of the centres will be assured against dedicated training numbers under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna (PMKVY) or its successor schemes (any other scheme under MSDE or NSDC). Each PMKK will be assured a training mandate for three years, under the PMKVY scheme, as per common norms, subject to capacity and utilization of the centre.
- For proposal submission and related queries email to:partnershipsPMKK@nsdcindia.org
- For correspondence post allocation of PMKK email to:email@example.com Operations.PMKK@nsdcindia.org
Source : NSDC