Pension scheme for shopkeepers
This topic provides information about Pension scheme for shopkeepers and traders.
The Government has approved a pension scheme for shopkeeper’s/ retail traders and self-employed persons for providing monthly minimum assured pension of Rs 3000/- for the entry age group of 18-40 years. It is a voluntary and contribution based central sector scheme. The scheme would benefit more than 3 crore small shopkeepers and traders.
The eligibility for the scheme are.
- All shopkeepers/retail-traders/ self-employed persons in the age group of 18-40 years are eligible to be the member, on self-declaration.
- A shop keeper/ retail-trader /self-employed person if registered with GSTN, his/ her firm’s annual turnover should not exceed Rs 1.5 crore.
- He/she should not be an income tax payee.
- He/she should not be a member of EPFO/ESIC/NPS/PM-SYM
How to enrol
- Eligible and Interested persons can enrol themselves through more than 3,25,000 Common Service Centres spread across the country.
- The scheme is based on self-declaration as no documents are required except Aadhaar and bank account.