Ladli scheme of Haryana
This topic provides information about Ladli scheme of Haryana.
The objective of the Ladli scheme is to raise the status of the girl child in the family and in the society and to change the mindsets of the people for proper rearing of the girl children and providing them the right to birth and the right to survival. In order to combat the menace of female foeticide, improve the declining sex ratio of females and increase the number of girls in the families, the Haryana government has launched the scheme Ladli w.e.f. from 20.8.2005.
What is Ladli Scheme?
Under the scheme all parents who are residents of Haryana or having Haryana domocile will be provided financial incentive @ Rs. 5000/- per year for upto five years whose second girl child is born on or after 20th August,2005 irrespective of their caste, creed, religion, income or number of sons.
Financial Assistance under the Scheme
- Under the scheme Rs. 5000/- per family per year will be given to the parents on the birth of their second daughter born on or after 20th August,2005 for five years. This money will be invested in Kisan Vikas Patras in the joint name of 2nd girl child and the mother. In case mother is not alive then this money will be deposited in the joint name of 2nd girl child and the father. If both the parents are not alive then this money will be deposited in the joint name of the 2nd girl child and the guardian.
- In case of twin daughters, the incentive will start with immediate effect. The first instalment will be released within one month of the birth of 2nd girl child. Successive instalments will be released on the birthday of second daughter every year. In case of death of either of the girls, the incentive will stop with immediate effect. However, the same can be restored from the date it was discontinued on birth of another girl child. The accumulated amount will be released after the 2nd girl child attains the age of 18 years.
- Under the scheme all parents residents of Haryana or having Haryana domocile will be entitled for financial assistance provided there is at least one alive real sister of the 2nd girl child in the family. At least one of the parents along with the girl children should be residing in Haryana.
- The birth of both the girl children should be registered. The parents should ensure proper immunization of both the girl children and immunization record (as per age of the girl children) may be produced at the time of receiving each payment.
- Both sisters should be enrolled in school/Anganwadi centre as per their age.
- If the parents of the second girl child, born on or after 20th August,2005 are receiving benefit under any other scheme like Balika Samridhi Yojna etc. they will still be entitled to benefit under this scheme.
Area of Operation of the Scheme
Ladli Yojna will be implemented in both rural and urban areas in the whole State of Haryana.
Application for getting the benefit
To obtain benefit under the scheme, the mother/father/guardian will have to apply on the prescribed proforma. The application form will be available in Anganwadi Centres or in the offices of Child Development Project Officers in rural and urban areas free of cost and in urban areas where ICDS scheme does not exist, the application forms will be available in the offices of Civil Surgeons.
The filled in application is to be submitted with the Anganwadi Workers and Health staff of the concerned areas. The applicant will have to submit a certified copy of the birth certificate of the 2nd girl child issued by the competent authority with the application.