This topic provides information about the Udaan programme by CBSE.
Udaan is an initiative of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) to enable girl students to soar to higher education from schools, and to eventually take various leadership roles in future.
The aim is also to enrich and enhance teaching and learning of Science and Mathematics at Senior Secondary level by providing free and online resources to everyone, with a focus on special incentives and support to 1000 selected disadvantaged girls per year.
- Free of cost support for Girl students of Classes XI and XII
- Availability of tutorials, videos, and study material
- Organization of Virtual contact classes at 60 designated city centres
- Tablet/Financial Assistance for purchasing the tablets
- Orientation Session on using technology will be given to all selected students
- Assessments designed to provide useful feedback on learning
- Remedial steps to correct learning
- Peer learning and mentoring opportunities for meritorious students
- Motivation sessions with students/parents
- Student helpline services to clarify doubts, monitor student learning and support technology
- A Programme To Give Wings To Girl Students
- Constant monitoring and tracking of student progress with feedback to parents
- Assistance in application to colleges
Who Can Join
- The program is open to Indian citizens residing in India only.
- All girl students studying in classes XI only from KVs/ NVs/ other Government run Schools affiliated to any Board in India are eligible to apply based on criteria given below.
- The selection of the students will be based on merit and will be considered against the city option made by the candidate for the weekly personal contact classes.
- Girl students enrolled in Class XI in PCM stream.
- Minimum 70% marks in Class X overall and 80% marks in Science and Mathematics; for Boards which follow CGPA, a minimum CGPA of 8 and a GPA of 9 in Science and Mathematics.
- Reservation as per JEE (Advanced); OBC (NCL) - 27 % , SC – 15 % , ST – 7.5 %, PWD – 3 % of seats in every category
- The annual family income should be less than 6 lakhs per annum
Source : UDAAN website