Cyber Shikshaa initiative
This topic provides information about Cyber Shikshaa initiative.
Women often feel that they are side-lined and have become critical symbol of growing imbalances in the society. Women’s work participation and their status as employees have been often affected by social factors. Today no women is considered inferior to men, right from representing the nation politically to piloting the flight they have proven themselves. Women’s are also been active today on digital platform and we have seen hundreds of techno based start-ups promoted by the women community. Adding further value to this, Microsoft India and the Data Security Council of India (DSCI) have launched the “Cyber Shikshaa”, a 3-year program to create a dynamic pool of skilled women professionals in the country. Under this initiative 1000 women from underserved communities will be trained in ten locations across the country and offered employment opportunities.
- Cyber Shikshaa is part of Microsoft’s commitment to providing the underprivileged with the right skills for sustainable livelihood options in a technology driven world.
- The programme will develop a broad ecosystem and support women to harness the opportunities of cyber security as a career.
- The programme will empower women technocrats, guarantee a growth driven livelihood for them and increase the participation of women in the industry.
- The Cyber Shikshaa curriculum will comprise an interactive, four-month training course with a combination of theory, case studies and practical hands on projects managed by a group of training partners led by the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC).
- The programme is open to women science graduates between the age of 20-27 years, it will also include mentoring sessions and workshops with industry leaders, soft skills training and technical sessions by Microsoft employee volunteers.
- The programme covers locations from Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Delhi-NCR, Gujarat, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Meghalaya, Rajasthan and Telangana. Initially, the project will be rolled out in the following cities: Noida, Patna, Hyderabad and Mohali, followed by other cities in the next phase.
- On successful completion of the training, a certificate will be awarded along with placement assistance.
This course covers 7 modules apart from soft skills and aptitude sessions.
- System Fundamentals
- Introduction to Cyber security
- Network Security and countermeasures
- Web Server and Application Security
- Security Auditing
- Cyber Forensics
Women Engineering Graduates in the Age bracket of 21 to 26 years with a family income of less than 7 lacs per annum are covered under the programme.
How to register
For online registration, click here.
All these initiatives turn out to be valuable only when they are properly utilised by the women community. “Cyber Shikshaa”, a program which is aimed at making women Industry ready by imparting the requisite technical skills in the domain of Cyber Security is the greatest opportunity which shouldn’t be missed. The program shall also entail placement assistance for the deserving candidates with the potential recruiters looking to hire for various job roles in Cyber Security. Cyber Shikshaa will be the first step towards digital empowerment of women and let us hope this initiative would produce more number of women cyber security technocrats.
Source & For more information: https://www.dsci.in/cyber-shikshaa/