Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana
“Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana” is an elaborated component of Soil Health Management (SHM) of major project National Mission of Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA). Under PKVY Organic farming is promoted through adoption of organic village by cluster approach and PGS certification.
The Scheme envisages:
- Promotion of commercial organic production through certified organic farming.
- The produce will be pesticide residue free and will contribute to improve the health of consumer.
- It will raise farmer's income and create potential market for traders.
- It will motivate the farmers for natural resource mobilization for input production.
- Groups of farmers would be motivated to take up organic farming under Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY).
- Fifty or more farmers will form a cluster having 50 acre land to take up the organic farming under the scheme. In this way during three years 10,000 clusters will be formed covering 5.0 lakh acre area under organic farming.
- There will be no liability on the farmers for expenditure on certification.
- Every farmer will be provided Rs. 20,000 per acre in three years for seed to harvesting of crops and to transport produce to the market.
- Organic farming will be promoted by using traditional resources and the organic products will be linked with the market.
- It will increase domestic production and certification of organic produce by involving farmers
Components and pattern of assistance
- Adoption of Participatory Guarantee System (PGS) certification through cluster approach
Adoption of organic village for manure management and biological nitrogen harvesting through cluster approach
- Mobilization of farmers / local people to form cluster in 50 acre for PGS certification
- Conducting of meetings and discussions of farmers in targeted areas to form organic farming cluster @ Rs. 200 / farmer
- Exposure visit to member of cluster to organic farming fields @ Rs. 200 / farmer
- Formation of cluster, farmer pledge to PGS and Identification of Lead Resourceful Person (LRP) from cluster
- Training of cluster members on organic farming (3 trainings @ Rs. 20000 per training)
- PGS Certification and Quality control
- Training on PGS Certification in 2 days @ Rs. 200 per LRP
- Training of Trainers (20) Lead Resource Persons@ Rs. 250 /day/ cluster for 3 days.
- Online Registration of farmer @ Rs.100 per member cluster x 50
- Soil sample collection and testing (21 samples/year/cluster) @ Rs. 190 per sample for three years
- Process documentation of conversion into organic methods, inputs used, cropping pattern followed, organic manures and fertilizer used etc., for PGS certification @ Rs.100 per member x 50
- Inspection of fields of cluster member @ Rs. 400 /inspection x 3 (3 inspections will be done per cluster per year)
- Residue analysis of samples in NABL (8 samples per year per cluster) @ Rs. 10, 000/ sample
- Certification Charges
- Administrative expenses for certification
- Action plan for Organic Farming for one cluster
- Conversion of land to organic @ Rs.1000/acre x 50
- Introduction of cropping system; Organic seed procurement or raising organic nursery @ Rs.500/acre/year x 50 acres
- Traditional organic Input Production units like Panchagavya, Beejamruth and Jeevamruth etc. @ Rs.1500 /unit / acre x 50 acre
- Biological Nitrogen Harvest planting (Gliricidia, Sesbania, etc) @ Rs. 2000/acre x 50 acre
- Botanical extracts production units (Neem cake, Neem oil) @ Rs.1000/unit/ acre x 50 acre
- Integrated Manure Management
- Liquid Biofertilizer consortia (Nitrogen fixing / Phosphate Solubilizing/ potassium mobilizing biofertilizer) @ Rs. 500/acre x 50
- Liquid Biopesticides (Trichoderma viridae, Pseudomonas fluorescens, Metarhizium , Beaviourie bassiana, Pacelomyces,verticilliu m) @ Rs. 500 /acre x 50
- Neem Cake/ Neem Oil @ Rs.500/acre x 50
- Phosphate Rich Organic Manure / Zyme Granules @ Rs. 1000/acre x 50
- Vermicompost (size 7’x3’x1’) @ Rs.5000/ unit x 50
- Custom Hiring Centre (CHC) charges
- Agricultural implements (As per SMAM guidelines) - Power tiller, Cono weeder, Paddy thresher, Furrow opener,Sprayer, Rose can, Top Pan balance
- Walk-in tunnels for horticulture (As per guidelines of MIDH)
- Cattle shed / poultry / piggery for animal compost (As per Guidelines of Gokhul Scheme )
- Packing, Labeling and Branding of organic products of cluster
- Packing material with PGS logo + Hologram printing @ Rs. 2500 / acre x 50
- Transportation of organic produce (Four wheeler, 1.5 tone load capacity) @Rs. 120000 max. assistance for 1 cluster
- Organic Fairs (maximum assistance will be given @ 36330 per cluster )
For more details of pattern of assistance,
Source : Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Government of India
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.