Policy on Promotion of Organic Fertilizers
The Policy on Promotion of Organic Fertilizers was approved by the Government of India during July 2023.
- The Market Development Assistance @ 1,500/MT will be provided to promote organic fertilizers and will be given for the manure produced at plants under umbrella Galvanizing Organic Bio-Agro Resources Dhan (GOBARdhan) initiative covering different Biogas/CBG support schemes/programmes of stakeholder Ministries/Departments such as Sustainable Alternative Towards Affordable Transportation (SATAT) scheme of Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas (MOP&NG), 'Waste to Energy' programme of Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE), Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) of Department of Drinking Water & Sanitation (DDWS), etc.
- All manufacturing-cum-marketing entities including CBG/Bio-gas operators, marketers/distributors under umbrella GOBARdhan initiative; registered on Unified GOBARdhan portal of Department of Drinking Water & Sanitation (DDWS); and marketing through fertilizers marketing companies shall be eligible for Market Development Assistance (MDA) for promotion of organic fertilizers, subject to their conforming to specifications as per Fertilizer (Control) Order [FCO], 1985, as amended from time to time.
- The registration of the manufacturing plants with the Unified GOBARdhan portal of the Department of Drinking Water & Sanitation and the organic fertilizers produced conforming to specifications as per Fertilizer Control Order (FCO), 1985 as amended from time to time, are pre- requisite conditions for availing Market Development Assistance.
- The manufacturing units registered under GOBARdhan portal will be required to market their organic fertilizers through fertilizer marketing companies. Primary Agricultural Cooperative Societies (PACS) may be engaged as aggregator by the fertilizers marketing companies.
- There will be a corpus for gap funding/research to be utilized only by Central/State Research Institutes or non-private fertilizer cooperatives.
- A Steering Committee chaired by Secretary (Fertilizers) and comprising of atleast Joint Secretary level officers from the Department of Expenditure, NITI Aayog, Department of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Department of Drinking Water & Sanitation, Ministry of New & Renewable Energy, Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs, Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, and Department of Animal Husbandry & Dairying will oversee operational aspects and detailed guidelines for Market Development Assistance including packaging size, retail price, manner of disbursement of MDA, subject to the approval of Hon'ble Minister of Chemicals & Fertilizers on the recommendations of the Steering Committee.
- The provision of Market Development Assistance (MDA)/Corpus is for three years (FY 2023-24 to FY 2025-26).
- The Market Development Assistance (MDA) of 1,500/MT on sale of manure produced at plants under umbrella GOBARdhan initiative shall be applicable with effect from 1st April, 2023.
- The detailed guidelines will follow shortly.
Source : Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
Last Modified : 9/13/2023
© C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.