Soil Health, Soil Conservation and Fertilizers
What to Do?
- Always use appropriate fertilizer in right quantity based on soil test.
- Must use organic manures to maintain the fertility of soil.
- In order to get maximum benefit of the fertilizers, always apply in root zone instead of broadcasting.
- Resort to judicious and efficient use of Phosphatic Fertilizers for proper development of roots/shoots and timely maturity of crops, particularly the legumes which fix atmospheric nitrogen for enrichment of soil.
- For reclaiming acidic soil, use lime and for saline/usar soil, use gypsum.
- Farmers desirous of adopting Participatory Organic Guarantee System (PGS – India) Certification system may form a group of at least 5 farmers and get it registered with the nearest Regional Council or Regional Centre of
- Organic Farming.
What can you get?
|S.No||Type of Assistance||Quantum of Assistance/Maximum limit||Scheme/Component|
|1||Plant Nutrient in Chemical Form (Urea ,DAP, MOP, R/ Phosphate, Complex Fertilizer)||20% cost subsidy and 100% transport subsidy.||State Plan Scheme|
|2||Chemical Pesticide and Plant Protection Equipment||20% cost subsidy and 100% transport subsidy||State Plan Scheme|
|3||Organic manures / bio fertilizers / Bio -|
|50% cost subsidy and 100% transport subsidy||State Plan Scheme|
|4||Soil Conservation work on watershed basis|
in farmers field
|Rs. 10,000/ha||State Plan Scheme|
|5||Adoption of Organic Farming||Rs.10,000/ ha||NHM/MIDH|
|6||Production of ordinary compost and vermin|
|100% cost subsidy limited|
to Rs. 60,000/unit
Whom/Where to Contact?
Zonal Assistant Director(Agri)/Nearest Agriculture Sub-Depot/Agriculture Field Staff/ Rural Knowledge Centre /Kisan Call Centre - Phone : 03192-243434
Source: Department of Agriculture
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.