A Successful Integrated Farming Model
- Smt. Lekesh Bai lives in Thanabodi Village under Thanabodi Block of Uttar Bastar Kanker District. She is practicing Integrated Farming System in her farm by cultivation of crop, fish cum duck, improved dairy, goat and poultry rearing
- She got training on Integrated Farming System and allied activities from Krishi Vigyan Kendra and State Agriculture Department on various occasions under different schemes.
- Production of vegetables through Drip irrigation with polythene mulching
- Improved dairy and making dairy products i.e. Ghee, Paneer
- Practicing Improved goat farming
- Poultry farming
- Fish cum duck
Change in Net Income
- 2010-11 – Rs. 1,11,800/ annum
- 2016-17 - Rs. 7,46,650/annum
Importance for Farmers
She is now a source of inspiration for all the women and other farmers of the locality who are learning scientific practices for improving their livelihood. Approximately 850 no of farmers and farm women visited her farm during previous years.
Award & Recognition
- She received Farmer Fellowship Award 2016 provided by IGKV
- Innovative farmers Award by ICAR Research Complex for Eastern Region, Patna 2018
- Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyay Krishi Antyodhyay Puruskar 2019 (Zonal)
Source : Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.