Adoption of High Yeilding Mustard for Higher Production
- Smt. Sahu, is a progressive farm woman and successful in homestead poultry farming. She was interested in oilseed cultivation as traditional cultivation of mustard was hampered by various factors including aphid infestation.
- She attended technology training programme on oilseeds production provided by KVK, Ganjam.
Source of Motivation
- With technical knowledge acquired from the KVK personnel and desire to obtain a higher production of mustard in the locality, she was motivated to participate in CFLD Oilseeds programme. The training provided her motivation to adopt all the practices judiciously as advised and see herself the result of good efforts.
Technology and Innovation Adopted
- High yielding variety of mustard:- Uttara, y Fertilizer application-NPK: 60:25:25 kg/ha y Application of post emergent herbicide-Quizalofos ethyl at 20 DAS @1 Litre/ha.
- Basal application of Boron @ 1kg/ha
- Spray of plant protection chemicals like Thiamethoxam @ 150gram/ha for controlling Aphids infestation.
- Spinosad@150 ml/ha for controlling Sawfly & leaf miner.
- Carbandazim + Mancozeb@ 1kg/ha for controlling Stem rot & Rust diseases.
- Uttara variety of mustard is moderately resistant to white rust, downy and powdery mildew which contributed 9000 kg yield/ha. The recommended packages of practice ensured better yield due to success in controlling the weeds and aphid population. It has long siliqua (5.2 cm) with 13-18 seeds/siliqua on an average.
Influence on other Farmers
- Farmers of the village were convinced that adoption of modern technology and judicious use of all required inputs.
Performance of Technology VIS-A-VIS Local Check (Increase in Productivity and Returns)
||Gross cost (Rs/ha)
||Gross income (Rs/ha)
||Net income (Rs/ha)
|% Increase in Yield
Source : Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.