Crop Diversification : Success Story of a Woman Farmer
- Smt. Sangeeta Walmik Sangle is a small farmer and holding 2 hectare land. She has a family of 6 members.
- She is the leader of Rajhans Krushi Vidnyan Mandal at Satygaon. The group has 20 members.
Training & Motivation
- Initially ATMA, Nashik helped in group formation and motivation. After getting training on improved technology in Guava and Pomegranate. She also got training on Dairy Farming from ATMA, Nasik.
Adoption of Innovative Technology, Practices and Achievements
- At present her cropping pattern includes cultivation of Guava with Red Pumpkin and Pomegranate with Drumstick.
- She also grows Onion, Grapes and Vegetables under shade net.
- She sells her produces at various markets namely Thanpada Kalyan Mahadev Complex at Thane, Sant Shiromani Shree Sawata Mali Shetkari Athwade bazaar, Mumbai and taluka level markets.
- By the inspiration from Dairy farming Training by ATMA, she purchased 4 cows and get monthly income Rs. 18,000/-. She is also earning Rs. 1.40 lakh from Drumstick (4 tonnes @Rs.35/kg) and Rs. 1.5 lakh from Red pumpkin (yield 15 tonnes).
- She has been awarded with Krushthon Yuva Sanman-2018 (Innovative Women Farmer). y She received Shetkari Gut Nyondani Award by ATMA, Nasik. y She also received Krishi Gaurav Award by Jai Kishan Farmers Forum.
Source : Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.